Receive COnnector Anonymous Users RRS feed

• Question

• hello Guys,

This is my senario. 2 HUB servers with TrendMicro IMSS smarthost. All external mails In and Out go via the IMSS Smart Host. 

I have enabled "Anonymous Users" on the Hub server's Receive connectors. Is this correct configuration or wrong ?

regards 

Saturday, May 21, 2011 5:40 AM

Answers

• I never enable anonymous on the default recieve connectors.  The default connectors have a network scope of all IPs.  I always create a new connector for anonymous connectivity and lock down the IP addresses which can send to it within the configuration.  In your case you can just allow the IP address of the IMSS smarthost.  It will work the way you did it, I just prefer to have more control over what is allowed to connect to my exchange server.
    Tim Harrington | MVP: Exchange | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010, MCITP: Lync 2010, MCITP: Server 2008, MCTS: OCS | Blog: http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com | Twitter: @twharrington
    • Proposed as answer by Andy DavidMVP Saturday, May 21, 2011 2:27 PM
    • Marked as answer by Novak Wu Friday, May 27, 2011 9:21 AM
    Saturday, May 21, 2011 2:13 PM
  • Hi,

>Should i need to use different IP Address for receive Connector ? I heard someone said we cant use same ip address on 2 receive connectors.

Of course you can use the same ip address.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, May 23, 2011 6:39 AM

All replies

• I never enable anonymous on the default recieve connectors.  The default connectors have a network scope of all IPs.  I always create a new connector for anonymous connectivity and lock down the IP addresses which can send to it within the configuration.  In your case you can just allow the IP address of the IMSS smarthost.  It will work the way you did it, I just prefer to have more control over what is allowed to connect to my exchange server.
    Tim Harrington | MVP: Exchange | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010, MCITP: Lync 2010, MCITP: Server 2008, MCTS: OCS | Blog: http://HowDoUC.blogspot.com | Twitter: @twharrington
    • Proposed as answer by Andy DavidMVP Saturday, May 21, 2011 2:27 PM
    Saturday, May 21, 2011 2:13 PM
  • hello,

You are talking abt, Create new Connector and limit to IMSS Address ? 

Should i need to use different IP Address for receive Connector  ? I heard someone said we cant use same ip address on 2 receive  connectors. 

Regards 

Sunday, May 22, 2011 3:40 AM
  • Yes, create a new receove connector and limit to IMSS address and allow anonymous connectivity.  You do not have to add another IP address.
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 5:09 AM
  • Hi,

>Should i need to use different IP Address for receive Connector ? I heard someone said we cant use same ip address on 2 receive connectors.

Of course you can use the same ip address.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, May 23, 2011 6:39 AM
  • On Mon, 23 May 2011 06:39:56 +0000, Jason Lee wrote:

>
    >
    >Hi,
    >
    >>Should i need to use different IP Address for receive Connector ? I heard someone said we cant use same ip address on 2 receive connectors.
    >
    > Of course you can use the same ip address.

That's true - provided the remote IP ranges (or ports) are different
    on the two connectors.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Monday, May 23, 2011 9:41 PM