none
Windows 10 slipstream updates not work correctly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want slipstream update to my Windows 10 Pro 1709 ISO.

My ADK is in last version for Windows 10 1709

So after get install.wim and mounted with DISM I have this 4 updates (for this month) :

KB4048951
    KB4048955
    KB4051963
    KB4054022

All updates ares in same folder, apply it's on mounted WIM with this command :

DISM /image:"<MountDir>" /Add-Package /Packagepath:"<UpdatesFolder>"

My problem is that after the application of DISM updates returns the error :

Error: 1168

The specified image is no longer serviceable and may be corrupted.
    Discard the modified image and start again.

I do not understand why it does not work :(
    Do you have an idea ? 

Do you slipstream updates?
    Or do you capture every month a new reference image?

Saturday, December 2, 2017 11:15 AM

All replies

• My approach is either to capture a new image or simply integrate a cumulative update into the deployment share. While offline servicing is supported I never, ever use it. 

Either way, have you tried re-mounting the Windows 10 image? Are you applying updates to the stock image or are you using your own custom image?

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Monday, December 4, 2017 6:26 AM
  • Thanks for your answer :)

Allready start with stock image.

I no try to remount image but the message is currious and in production i want stable Windows :S

Monday, December 4, 2017 7:30 AM
  • I have run into issues doing several updates at once, it turned out that trying to do more than one cumulative without commuting the change caused me errors.  I ended up applying our latest cumulative update, save and commit, then repeat the process for any other updates required.  
    Monday, December 4, 2017 8:51 PM
  • I only do one CU offline, and perhaps the Flash update. 

I don't understand why you are doing *BOTH* KB4048955 AND KB4051963. Just do the newer one.

The fact thatKB4054022 is a servicing stack update, should set off alarms. What could possibly go wrong if you attempt to service the servicing stack?!?! Well..

Anyways, if you have ANY problems with DISM commands you should be enabling logging with /LogPath and /LogLevel

If you are still having problems, please copy your DISM logs to a public share like one drive and share the link.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 6:13 AM
  • Microsoft must have a problem with WSUS !

KB4048955 cumulative dosen't superseded KB4051963 !!

It's curious :(

Indeed if I apply only the last cumulative no more problems !

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 8:32 PM