Cannot sync Outlook 2013 calendar with Windows 8 phone RRS feed

• Question

• I recently bought a Nokia Lumia 1320 with Windows 8. I have tried to sync the calendar app with my Outlook 2013 calendar (on a Windows 8.1 PC).<o:p></o:p>

I have created a Hotmail account on Outlook and converted my original Outlook calendar to a list before copying it to the Hotmail calendar account, as instructed on various MS web pages (I cannot enter hyperlinks here, your genius web site won't let me), but nothing appears on my phone.  It was actually MUCH easier to sync with my previous Android phone and an iPad - so much for seamless Windows connections.<o:p></o:p>

After wasting many, many hours I noticed that if I manually enter an appointment in the Hotmail calendar (in Outlook), then it
    appears in the phone (and vice versa).  However it does not appear for events that I have mass-copied over to the Hotmail account, including recurring events.  This flies in the face of what the instructions say.  There are far too many future events for me to re-type, along with the danger that I might miss some.  Why doesn't the mass copy (only of future, recurring and
    active events) work?<o:p></o:p>

I have wasted way too much time on this and am beginning to deeply regret buying a Windows phone. Any help would be gratefully accepted.
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 1:05 PM

All replies

• Please first check the following.

Navigate to Settings > Email + Accounts, and verify that the account you are attempting to sync is present.

Select the account and make sure that the Calendar box is selected.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 9:48 PM
  • Thanks for replying, Mike. I have set up two accounts on the phone, one is my 'normal' email account (non-Microsoft) and the other is my Hotmail account, which appears in Email + Accounts as 'Microsoft Account'.  I am now at work (in Australia) and don't have the phone with me, so I can't be sure of the exact words.

Anyway with the MS account there is only one check box - Email.  In my endless trawling through the web I read somewhere that this 'primary' account automatically syncs the Calendar and Contacts, so the additional check boxes are considered redundant (which seems pretty dumb - a user might not WANT to sync them).

I also set up an additional Hotmail account, which appeared as 'Hotmail 2', and this did have the sync Calendar and Contacts check boxes, but it will wouldn't do the job.  I tried deleting the 'primary' account so I could use the secondary account instead (and force the syncing through those check boxes), but it would not let me.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 10:45 PM
  • So... all boxes are checked on my phone... anything I enter on my work computer in Outlook shows on the phone; but anything I enter on the phone does not sync back to the Outlook calendar on my work computer. I have found no solution to this; do you have one?

Thanks.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 10:44 PM
  • Might have finally discovered the answer; will check my work computer in the morning. Did not realize there was a hidden setting for which calendar the phone was using when entering appointments. Just tried changing that to the work calendar from personal one; hoping it will show up in the morning!

Thursday, November 12, 2015 10:47 PM