Office 365 - Outlook Online - Keeps Changing Status to "Appear Away" RRS feed

• Question

• My status keeps automatically changing to "Appear Away" when I am "Available" and working in another online program.  I need my colleagues to see I am available even if I have toggled away from Outlook!!  It is driving me crazy to have to reset my status every 3 minutes!!!
    • Moved by Niko.Cheng Wednesday, August 22, 2018 7:56 AM relocated
    Tuesday, August 21, 2018 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hi MLEE1971,

First of all, please update your office to the latest version.

This status is available in SFB ,but this status will be changed to Away in outlook?

Please open configuration information in SFB client(Hold ctrl and right click SFB icon like the following screenshot)

Check the MAPI and EWS information, if status is same as the following screenshot.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 8:29 AM
  • Hi Leon-Lu,

I just did all you said above and I did check the "Configuration Information" option and both parameters look good:
    MAPI Information;MAPI Status OK;MAPI Status OK;
    EWS Information;;EWS Status OK;

In Outlook appear the same status as SFB and when I switch to "Available" from SFB, it changes in Outlook but around of 15-20 seconds all these switch to "Away" automatically. 

Do you have another idea? 

Thanks in advance

Friday, May 31, 2019 5:59 PM