Machine black screening when playing any game RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, I'm getting this very often:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xfffffa8006f79010, 0xfffff8800fd24918, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 072312-8346-01.

Any help or advice would be great. I have installed the latest nvidia display driver

Sunday, July 22, 2012 11:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

After checking the dump file, I found the corrupt file is nvlddmkm.sys, which is a part of the Nvidia display driver. Please go to the device provider website to check the latest driver for Windows 7. In the meantime, you may contact graphic card manufacture for assistance.

Here is a similar thread for your reference: Blue Screen of Death BSOD Windows 7 64-bit

Hope this helps

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:53 AM
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 1:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to the error code 0x00000116, you can refer to Bug Check 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR.

To check the this issue, please locate the dump file in the \Windows\Minidump folder and upload it so that we can analyze it. Before we could get your Minidump files, you can check following:

1. Reinstall the display driver again.

2. Test the issue in Safe Mode 

3. Update BIOS and chipset

Furthermore, I suggest that you can contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for assistance so that this problem can be resolved efficiently.

Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS)

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:56 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

Thank you very much for responding, it is extremely appreciated.

I have uploaded the dmp file here on skydrive: http://sdrv.ms/MFYiyp

I'm hoping this will flag up something for you guys.

I have reinstalled the display driver and still get the problem.

I will try the safe mode, updating the BIOS and chipset im worried to do as the machine is from overlockers and has been overlocked and I think I would loose the settings if I update. I will have a look at it though.

Thanks again for all your help in this.

Kind regards,

Dave.

• Edited by RaveyLarge Wednesday, July 25, 2012 4:24 PM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:04 AM
  • Hi,

After checking the dump file, I found the corrupt file is nvlddmkm.sys, which is a part of the Nvidia display driver. Please go to the device provider website to check the latest driver for Windows 7. In the meantime, you may contact graphic card manufacture for assistance.

Here is a similar thread for your reference: Blue Screen of Death BSOD Windows 7 64-bit

Hope this helps

Vincent Wang

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:53 AM
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 1:38 AM