Outlook app on Android - MAM policy not taking effect

Question

• Dear community,

I am struggeling to get Outlook app on my Android 6.0.1 (Samsung S5) under corporate control with MAM policy.

Scenario:
    - Intune integrated into SCCM 1607
    - Outlook app for Android deployed as deep link in Play Store with MAM policy for Android attached
    - Samsung S5 with Android 6.0.1 and KNOX activated
    - Device enrolled via Intune Company Portal - Outlook app installed via Company Portal app

Via the exact same scenario I've also deployed a couple of other MAM capable Microsoft apps like Word, PowerPoint and Excel. For all those apps, MAM policy is being applied (e.g. prevent copy/paste to non-managed apps).
    For unknown reasons, Outlook app seems to be the only one where the MAM policies are not applied...

I've tried:
    - different user
    - un-enrolled and enrolled again
    - re-deployed Outlook app in SCCM console
    - double checked security settings on S5
    - double checked policy enforcement of Company Portal enrollment - no issues

I noticed:
    - on the S5 in settings > security > device administrator the are two items, "Company Portal" and "Outlook device policy" with only "Company Portal" checked... tested also "Outlook device policy" checked and did not notice any differences.

Is there anybody out there who could point me into a new direction what to check and verify? I am really stuck... btw. same setup for iOS devices and everything works as expected on the iOS devices!

Thx in advance for any help...
    Simon

Friday, February 17, 2017 10:30 AM