none
Mediation Server Certificate Renewal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I want to renew my Mediation Server certificate, but not able to find out any TechNet documentation for the same. Please share the steps for the same. Also, we have an AudioCodes SBC at one of the branch offices. I would like to know if there is any change needs to be done on SBC as part of Mediation server certificate renewal. Please guide me on this.

Regards,

AJ

Sunday, November 24, 2019 7:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Alias!

Do you plan for Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition in your environment?

In my research, if you want to renew your Mediation Server certificate in Skype for Business Cloud Connector Edition, you could run the following cmdlet to renew the certificate for the Central Management Store, Mediation Server, and Edge Server when the certificate are near expiration or already expired.  For more details, you can refer to the following document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/skype-for-business-hybrid-solutions/plan-your-phone-system-cloud-pbx-solution/renew-ccservercertificate

Considering the certificate on SBC is to authenticate the connection with Skype for Business Mediation Server, if the certificate is changed in the mediation server, you could try to change the certificate on SBC. I find a document about how to configure the certificate in AudioCodes SBC in page 24, you can refer to this link:

https://www.audiocodes.com/media/12030/ltrt-10723-one-voice-resiliency-with-sip-trunk-configuration-note-ver-72.pdf

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Monday, November 25, 2019 8:51 AM
  • Thanks Jimmy

This is not a hybrid infra -purly on-prem based solution.

There is a PSTN breakout in DC (through WAN link) and another one in branch site (local PSTN breakout -AudioCodesSBC). AudioCodes is not cloud connector edition, but 800 Mediant version.

Thanks

AJ

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 8:47 AM
  • Hi Alias!

Sorry, I did not find any documents about Mediation Server Renew Certificate but find a document about Renew Certificate in Front End Server, maybe you can try to follow the steps in the following document as certificate installation in front-end server is very similar to Mediation Server.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/uclobby/2015/05/15/renewing-skype-for-business-server-2015-certificates/

Due to our limited knowledge of Mediant 800 SBC equipment, we recommend that you contact Technical Support for Mediant 800 SBC.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.
    Friday, November 29, 2019 10:58 AM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update on this case?
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.
    Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 11:31 AM
  • Hi Jimmy,

Sorry for the delayed response. Mediation server certificate renewal went well. There is no change required on Audiocodes SBC side.

Regards,

AJ

Friday, January 24, 2020 12:56 PM