Windows XP/MS Office 2007 - Capture Active Window & Not the Entire Screen RRS feed

• Question

• OK... I will tell you upfront that I am not a well educated "techie" but I have tried every keyboard button combination I can think of to try to capture, copy & paste only the active window appearing on my monitor...without including the application's screen components (e.g., toolbars, trays, quick launch apps, etc.).

I've even tried pressing ALT + SHIFT + MINUS (- button on the keypad), and every other strange but possible keyboard button combination, to no avail.  I just haven't found a combination of buttons that will result in the capture of only the "active window" that currently displays on my monitor.

Surely, not Shirley, there is a way to copy/capture only the "active window" that displays on the screen, which currently appears on my monitor.  No?  Yes? 

I use a company-owned "business" laptop on which I am not the administration...and, as a result, I am not able to download any outside applications, tools, etc.  So, if it exists, would you please tell me what method to use (using only the tools that exist within Windows XP and/or MS Office 2007) to copy/capture only the "active" window, and not the entire screen, that currently displays on my monitor?

Also, if you are aware of a document, website or page out there anywhere that lists all/many beneficial keyboard button combinations that can be used with Windows XP and/or MS Office 2007, and what action those combinations result in...would you please tell me how to obtain that information?

I would greatly appreciate any information you can give me related to the two questions included above

Thank you so much for taking your time to read/respond to my questions!!!

Libby

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 5:58 PM

All replies