What is the proper way to upload a Custom Windows 2003 VMWare Virtual Machine to Azure? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a folder with the following VM on it:

Following the instructions here: https://support.microsoft.com/es-cl/help/2977336/configure-an-azure-management-certificate-so-that-microsoft-virtual-ma I made a certificate to upload my virtual machine using MVMC. However, the MVMC assistant prompts me to connect to a vCenter instead of the folder where my files are currently at.

To avoid this issue, I ended up using StartWind V2V Image Converter, this application gave me a .vhd file which is needed for azure to work properly. When I try to connect this vhd disk in HyperVM to enable the features needed for it to work on azure (support.microsoft.com/af-za/help/3206074/running-windows-server-2003-on-microsoft-azure) (/fabriccontroller.net/migrating-your-windows-server-2003-workloads-to-microsoft-azure/) When I try to boot the vhd file on hyper VM i just have the PXE boot, which ends up failing and showing the "BIOS" of the VM on hyper V with the error "No operating system was loaded". the SCSI Disk shows as "No UEFI-Compatible file system was found". I've tried enabling/disabling the secure boot option on the VM config file, but so far nothing has worked. 

I just want to grab the local files that I currently have (screen shot 1) and be able to upload them and made them work in Azure. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

• Moved by vikranth s Wednesday, January 31, 2018 5:39 PM Better suited here
    Wednesday, January 31, 2018 5:15 PM