none
Split View Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Project 2010, and I can not get the bottom pane to show the Resource Usage view.  My top view is the Gantt.  But I want to display the Resource Usage view at the bottom.  All it let's show in the bottom pane is the Resource Form view.
    Monday, January 8, 2018 1:24 PM

Answers

• JohnProjectPM,

Any version of Project allows the user to use a split screen with the Gantt Chart view in the upper pane and the Resource Usage (or several other) view in the lower pane.

First of all, is Project 2010 fully updated? It should be at version 14.0.7176.5000. If it is not, run Windows Update. Note, Project 2010 is no longer actively updated so the cited version is the last update (Nov 2016).

It sounds like Project itself has a problem. I"d first try doing a repair of Project via the Windows Control Panel. If that doesn't help, I'd rebuild the Global file by moving your working Global to the trash and then re-starting Project. That will generate a new default Global but you will lose any custom attributes.

Hope this helps.

John

• Marked as answer by JohnProjectPM Thursday, April 12, 2018 5:30 PM
    Monday, January 8, 2018 2:49 PM

All replies

• I am using Project 2010, and I can not get the bottom pane to show the Resource Usage view.  My top view is the Gantt.  But I want to display the Resource Usage view at the bottom.  All it let's show in the bottom pane is the Resource Form view.

And I just tried it on my laptop that has Project 2016, and I "can" change the bottom pane to whatever I want.  Is it a limitation in 2010 version????
    Monday, January 8, 2018 2:05 PM
  • JohnProjectPM,

Any version of Project allows the user to use a split screen with the Gantt Chart view in the upper pane and the Resource Usage (or several other) view in the lower pane.

First of all, is Project 2010 fully updated? It should be at version 14.0.7176.5000. If it is not, run Windows Update. Note, Project 2010 is no longer actively updated so the cited version is the last update (Nov 2016).

It sounds like Project itself has a problem. I"d first try doing a repair of Project via the Windows Control Panel. If that doesn't help, I'd rebuild the Global file by moving your working Global to the trash and then re-starting Project. That will generate a new default Global but you will lose any custom attributes.

Hope this helps.

John

• Marked as answer by JohnProjectPM Thursday, April 12, 2018 5:30 PM
    Monday, January 8, 2018 2:49 PM