Analog device sipaddress to response group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Greetings.

Is it possible to assign the sipaddress parameter, for analog device, to a response group like a user that I enabled in the skype for business platform.

For example:

I create a group, so I need to assign an agent: user1@contoso.com.co. Commonly I search a user and select it. But I need to select an analog device. So I know the sipaddress but I can´t assign it. Is It possible?

If not, exists any way to do that?

Regards,

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 1:01 PM

All replies

• Hi NameHJeff,

In my research, in Skype for Business server, there is a command “New-CsAnalogDevice”.

An analog device is a telephone or other device that is connected to the public switched telephone network (PSTN).

For example:

New-CsAnalogDevice -LineUri tel:+14255556001 -DisplayName "Building 14 Receptionist" -RegistrarPool redmond-Cs-001.litwareinc.com -AnalogFax $False -Gateway 192.168.0.240 -OU "ou=Telecommunications,dc=litwareinc,dc=com"

It also has the “sipaddress” parameter which allows the analog device to communicate with SIP devices such as Skype for Business.

Please refer to this link for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/new-csanalogdevice?view=skype-ps

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 5:41 AM
  • Hi 

Thank you for your response.

We have many analog devices in our platform. We know how to create an analog device. My question refers to another answer.

Can you assign the sipaddress parameter of the analog device that you create, to a response group?

When you create a response group you need to assign an agent, so how can I assign the analog device?

Regards,

Thursday, August 1, 2019 9:16 PM
  • Hi,

In my research, normally response group agent could be only Lync-enabled user.

However, I found this related case, it provided a workaround for analog device, you could have a look at:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/9182abe2-b8f4-4d81-9a9d-27d710aa03eb/analog-phone-as-a-member-of-response-group?forum=ocsclients

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Monday, August 5, 2019 9:30 AM
    Friday, August 2, 2019 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Monday, August 5, 2019 9:30 AM