none
Issue with Scheduling RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All

When ever i schedule any task (1 duration , 8 hrs) for one resource then finish date goes to next day in MS Project 2010 client (connect to Project server).

If i schedule the task today(11th Oct) with 1 day ideally task start and finish date should be 11th Oct but am getting below thing 

Task name   Duration         Start date             finish date      work       Resource

abc              1 day              3/4/2013 9 AM      3/5/2013 9 AM     8            Santosh

Issue is getting above start and finish dates instead of 11th Oct

Note: Resources and Project is scheduled on standard calendar (5 working days with 8 hrs)

Any one can help me how to resolve this issue

Regards

Santosh

Friday, October 11, 2013 3:04 PM

All replies

• Santosh,

What is the Project Start date? All new tasks follow project Start date until you set a dependency or a constraint.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Friday, October 11, 2013 7:41 PM
  • Santosh,

You are--for some reason--starting your task at "9 AM".  Assuming you have the default workday (i.e. 8 AM to 5 PM), there are only 7 hours remaining in the day your task Starts.  So, the remaining hour of Work is scheduled to occur on the following day.

Start at 8 AM and I think you'll be done by 5 PM--on the same day.

• Edited by Edward Hanna Saturday, October 12, 2013 12:23 AM Remove signature line
    Saturday, October 12, 2013 12:23 AM