Application is Crashing After Login RRS feed

• Question

• We are currently getting multiple users within our organization that are experiencing the same issue.

When logging into Skype for Business, they receive the message below, that states, "your admin turned on outgoing calls setting." After that, it will log in and throw another message, stating, that "Admin turned off outgoing calls setting" and then it crashes. I am the Skype for Business Administrator and have not made any such admin changes to the servers. What could this be?

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Swoape,

This issue may be caused by KB3141468, you could try to uninstall this patch for a test to check if the issue persist. If not, there are any workarounds as follow:
    1. Language Pack for Office2013 (MSI version) is installed
    2. Office client display language is set to one installed through Language Pack 

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Andrew Garside Tuesday, January 31, 2017 12:01 PM
    Thursday, January 26, 2017 11:20 AM
  • We are also facing the same issue. Please let me know if the above solution  has fixed the issue
    Monday, January 30, 2017 9:07 AM
  • I had exactly the same issue but it was affecting four users out of twenty-five.  I uninstalled KB3141468 and then opened Skype with no issues.
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 12:01 PM
  • Hi Swoape,

kindly install appropriate kb file for skype for business.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Regards,

Surendar S

If this is helpful please mark it so. Also if this solved your problem mark as answer.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 12:05 PM
  • Hi,

Does this happens to all your users or only a few? 

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 8:31 PM
  • This issue effected us today .............. as we roll a month behind.

To be clear what it effects, for us this effected all Office 2013 VLK installed Products.

If you are using Office 365 and using the correct Office 2013 CTR version, the clients are not effected, as updates are streamed down differently to this client.

That may explain why some people were not effected.

We are removing the patch for our users effected and this resolves.

Patch is KB3141468 - as mentioned by the MS tech earlier.

• Edited by Paul Garbett2 Wednesday, February 8, 2017 2:22 PM missed patch detail
    • Proposed as answer by Paul Garbett2 Wednesday, February 8, 2017 2:22 PM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 2:21 PM
  • We've been seeing the same problem, but I've seen cases of the error with KB3141468 both installed and not installed. Re-installing the patch has fixed the problem in all cases.

I'm curious if others experiencing this problem have their users in Office 365 (we do). That's my only reasoning as to why we'd see the error with the patch not installed - Microsoft changing something on the O365 side of things.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:27 PM
  • Thanks. This worked for me. Uninstalled KB3141468 and the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Achu S Pillai

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 5:56 AM