none
Multiple CAs\certificates for *.domainname.com RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm working in a multi domain environment (2008r2) with one domain which we'll call domainname.com

We have an internal CA for this domain, but for a number of reasons we'd like to use commercial certs for some of our build tools, which run on IIS sites such as TD.domainname.com, Gi.domainname.com and blah.domainname.com

What I want to know, is would it cause any conflicts if I also issued a certificate from a commercial cert provider for *.domainname.com and issued it to our build tools so that they'd be trusted by default from other domains, while still using our internal CA for all other certs?

Thursday, June 11, 2015 9:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>What I want to know, is would it cause any conflicts if I also issued a certificate from a commercial cert provider for *.domainname.com and issued it to our build tools so that they'd be trusted by default from other domains, while still using our internal CA for all other certs?

The internal CA can coexists with the commercial cert.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Mad_andy Monday, June 15, 2015 11:40 PM
    Monday, June 15, 2015 4:04 AM