none
Project Custom field (Number type) graphical indicators not working and configuration resetting itself RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  I have a simple Number Type Project level field with a look up table of simply 1,2,3 and 4 as values.  When I try to set up graphical indicators at the project level only (ie ignoring inheriting from summary row criteria) the graphical indicator will not show up in a PWA view.  When I go back into the field configuration page for that custom field I notice that the graphical indicator criteria have dissappeared and the summary row criteria grid shows up instead of the one I defined for the project summary row only.   When I remove the graphical indicator criteria entirely the data value does show in PWA, so there is something wrong with the graphical indicator configuration.  When I replicate the config but using a text type field everything works fine, so is this just a number type issue? Does a Project summary row HAVE to inherit criteria from below for a number type project custom field? 

thanks in advance.

Steve

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:00 AM

All replies

• Steve,

I ran into similar issue. It looks like graphical indicator does not show up in PWA for any existing projects.

After updating graphical indicator settings for existing Project custom field it works for new projects we published. I got it work for any existing Projects using below steps.

1) Open Project in Project Professional

2) Add a new task or make any changes which can recalculate the Project

3) Save and Publish

See if it works for you.

Also when you go back field configuration page it does shows the summary row criteria grid, however if you select Project Summary row then you will find your graphical indicators which u have defined.

Thanks,

Kiran K.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:06 PM