Failed Client Installation. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have almost 1000 Computers , Today 81 Client Installation completed but others not yet , Is there any way to check whats the cause not to Install Client on remaining machines.

Regards
    Usman

Usman Ghani MCTS Exchange 2010/2007

Sunday, November 4, 2012 1:22 PM

Answers

• If it is Client push then sure there is a reports category with a handful of reports to run such as Client Push Installation Status Detail.

Its most likely to do with permissions, check out CCM log on the site server you are pushing the clients from ... I assume you are using client push due to the volume of clients you mention.

Make sure you have a Client Push account defined for the site before you commence a push again.

A quick way to determine failure with Client Push is to open one of the CCR files in the CM12 installation folder on the site doing the pushing, under inboxes\ccrretry.box, sort on modified\created date and open a few of these CCR files in notepad, they will show the last known error in human readable format. Reports or by hand, either either.

Rob Marshall | UK | My Blog | WMUG

Sunday, December 9, 2012 3:49 PM

All replies

• there are many ways,

you can check the CCM.LOG file on the server, you can check the CCMSETUP.LOG file on the client

but for this large number, I think it's best to use the report 'Client Push Installation Status Details' and select 'ALL' statusses

Sunday, November 4, 2012 3:20 PM
  • How do you install the clients? There are reports that will show the Progress of Client push installations.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

Sunday, November 4, 2012 3:26 PM
  • If it is Client push then sure there is a reports category with a handful of reports to run such as Client Push Installation Status Detail.

Its most likely to do with permissions, check out CCM log on the site server you are pushing the clients from ... I assume you are using client push due to the volume of clients you mention.

Make sure you have a Client Push account defined for the site before you commence a push again.

A quick way to determine failure with Client Push is to open one of the CCR files in the CM12 installation folder on the site doing the pushing, under inboxes\ccrretry.box, sort on modified\created date and open a few of these CCR files in notepad, they will show the last known error in human readable format. Reports or by hand, either either.

Rob Marshall | UK | My Blog | WMUG

Sunday, December 9, 2012 3:49 PM