Performancepoint score card or ssas cube... RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to a score card, YTD vs Last YR YTD how to show it............as I am using Performancepoint 2007...

same problem on QTD current yr vs QTD last yr.......

i.e if we show 2 months data this yr same 2 months data last yr has to be shown... pls guide me/.....

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 6:44 PM

Answers

• One good technique for doing this type of a setup is putting the time intelligence logic in your cube so that it is centralized and can be reused by other client tools instead of just PerformancePoint if needed. Here is a good article that discusses the options:

A different approach to time calculations

Another solution you can look at is the Date Tool project.

Your other options you can do would be to leverage the Time Intelligence in PerformancePoint if you have the Time configured on your data source. I am not sure if this would work as well for you though based on how you most likely want to filter your page.

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by Reddy07 Friday, October 7, 2011 1:44 PM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 11:01 AM

All replies

• One good technique for doing this type of a setup is putting the time intelligence logic in your cube so that it is centralized and can be reused by other client tools instead of just PerformancePoint if needed. Here is a good article that discusses the options:

A different approach to time calculations

Another solution you can look at is the Date Tool project.

Your other options you can do would be to leverage the Time Intelligence in PerformancePoint if you have the Time configured on your data source. I am not sure if this would work as well for you though based on how you most likely want to filter your page.

Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by Reddy07 Friday, October 7, 2011 1:44 PM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 11:01 AM
  • Thanks, Dan It worked.. 

• Edited by Reddy07 Friday, October 7, 2011 1:44 PM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 7:43 PM