none
CPS RS232 USB Bridge for UPS - not creating Com Port RRS feed

• Question

• I have a CyberPower USB to RS232 adapter. From the research I have done this should create a Com Port in my "Device Manager" so that programs are then able to use it. I have researched this specific device and there are apparently problems with how it works on WIndows 8.1 but I have not been able to find a solution. The driver for the device was installed by WIndows plug-and-play controls. It decided that the "HID-compliant vendor-defined device" driver version 6.3.9600.16384 was appropriate, however there is no Com Port in the "Device Manager" and instead a "USB Input Device" appears corresponding to the adapter each time it is plugged in. Under the "Devices and Printers" the "Unspecified" device "CPS RS232 USB Bridge for UPS" shows up. 

When I attempt to use drivers from a different source (the manufacturer of the USB to RS232 adapter), the plug-and-play ignore the new drivers and use the ones from above.

How can I get the Com Port created so that I can use the adapter properly?

Is there a way to circumvent the plug-and-play and use the driver from the manufacturer?

Thank you for your help.
    Monday, February 10, 2014 7:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Regarding current situation, let’s try to manually install the driver by following these steps:

Device manager -> Right click the device and choose update driver -> Browser my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device driver… -> Have disk -> choose the driver manually to install.

Then let me know whether this device can work fine.

For further troubleshooting, please post back the image for descript more detailed about your issue.

For your reference:

SOLVED!!! cps rs232 usb bridge for ups driver UPDATE / DOWNLOAD

http://devicehappy.info/solved-cps-rs232-usb-bridge-for-ups-driver-update-download/usb-drivers/usb-driver-update-16/

Please Note: The third-party website/product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:26 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding current situation, let’s try to manually install the driver by following these steps:

Device manager -> Right click the device and choose update driver -> Browser my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device driver… -> Have disk -> choose the driver manually to install.

Then let me know whether this device can work fine.

For further troubleshooting, please post back the image for descript more detailed about your issue.

For your reference:

SOLVED!!! cps rs232 usb bridge for ups driver UPDATE / DOWNLOAD

http://devicehappy.info/solved-cps-rs232-usb-bridge-for-ups-driver-update-download/usb-drivers/usb-driver-update-16/

Please Note: The third-party website/product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:26 AM
    Owner
  • Is there an alternative link for this? The site doesn't seem to be working.
    Thursday, January 25, 2018 7:13 PM
  • Any chance that you have the drivers? I can't find them anywhere online
    Thursday, January 25, 2018 7:17 PM
  • I am in the exact same boat.

I have tried Windows 7 Ent and Windows 10.  Neither works.

The link provided as the solution does not work either.

Can ANYONE help us with this?

Thank you.

Kevin

Saturday, February 16, 2019 12:17 AM