none
Can't install .NET Framework 3.5 feature (0x800f0922) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've got Windows 10 Enterprise, been an insider for half a year, upgraded from build to build, now I'm with the RTM (10240). Activated.

I don't know what else can I do to install .NET 3.5, it fails on me with 0x800f0922 no matter what I do.

I try with "Turn Windows Features on or off" through "Programs And Features", I try with DISM:

C:\WINDOWS\system32> dism /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFX3 /All /Source:F:\Sources\SxS /LimitAccess

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Enabling feature(s)
    [==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 0x800f0922

DISM failed. No operation was performed.
    For more information, review the log file.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

In the log there's only:

2015-08-02 02:27:06, Info                  DISM   DISM Provider Store: PID=9184 TID=7244 Getting Provider DISM Package Manager - CDISMProviderStore::GetProvider
    2015-08-02 02:27:06, Info                  DISM   DISM Provider Store: PID=9184 TID=7244 Provider has previously been initialized.  Returning the existing instance. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_GetProvider
    2015-08-02 02:27:06, Info                  DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=9184 TID=7244 Processing the top level command token(enable-feature). - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::Private_ValidateCmdLine
    2015-08-02 02:27:06, Info                  DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=9184 TID=7244 Attempting to route to appropriate command handler. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ExecuteCmdLine
    2015-08-02 02:27:06, Info                  DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=9184 TID=7244 Routing the command... - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ExecuteCmdLine
    2015-08-02 02:27:06, Info                  DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=9184 TID=7244 Encountered the option "featurename" with value "NetFX3" - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::Private_GetPackagesFromCommandLine
    2015-08-02 02:27:06, Info                  DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=9184 TID=7244 Encountered an unknown option "featurename" with value "NetFX3" - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::Private_GetPackagesFromCommandLine
    2015-08-02 02:27:06, Info                  DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=9184 TID=7244 Encountered the option "source" with value "F:\Sources\SxS" - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::Private_GetPackagesFromCommandLine
    2015-08-02 02:27:06, Info                  DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=9184 TID=7244 Encountered an unknown option "source" with value "F:\Sources\SxS" - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::Private_GetPackagesFromCommandLine
    2015-08-02 02:27:07, Info                  DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=9184 TID=7244 Initiating Changes on Package with values: 5, 7 - CDISMPackage::Internal_ChangePackageState
    2015-08-02 02:27:07, Info                  DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=9184 TID=7244 CBS session options=0x20100! - CDISMPackageManager::Internal_Finalize
    2015-08-02 02:29:01, Info                  DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=9184 TID=8920  Error in operation: (null) (CBS HRESULT=0x800f0922) - CCbsConUIHandler::Error
    2015-08-02 02:29:01, Error                 DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=9184 TID=7244 Failed finalizing changes. - CDISMPackageManager::Internal_Finalize(hr:0x800f0922)
    2015-08-02 02:29:01, Error                 DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=9184 TID=7244 Failed processing package changes with session options - CDISMPackageManager::ProcessChangesWithOptions(hr:0x800f0922)
    2015-08-02 02:29:01, Error                 DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=9184 TID=7244 Failed ProcessChanges. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::Private_ProcessFeatureChange(hr:0x800f0922)
    2015-08-02 02:29:01, Error                 DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=9184 TID=7244 Failed while processing command enable-feature. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ExecuteCmdLine(hr:0x800f0922)
    2015-08-02 02:29:01, Info                  DISM   DISM Package Manager: PID=9184 TID=7244 Further logs for online package and feature related operations can be found at %WINDIR%\logs\CBS\cbs.log - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ExecuteCmdLine
    2015-08-02 02:29:01, Error                 DISM   DISM.EXE: DISM Package Manager processed the command line but failed. HRESULT=800F0922

It all fails. I went to every internet article, searching what to do. There's many proposals, but none of them help.

I did DISM /RestoreHealth, sfc /scannow, I have no problems. I did Windows Update refresh... To no avail.

Can anyone offer anything new? Except for reinstall.

Thanks.

Saturday, August 1, 2015 11:56 PM

Answers

• Hello, everyone, I finally did it!

What didn't work:

With all much respect to Allen Wang, thank you, but the three solutions mentioned above didn't work. I did Method1, Method2, Method3 wasn't applicable.

Except that I decided to carefully read through all 8 pages full of right and wrong answers about the same error in Windows 8 in the link Allen cited: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-update/net-framework-35-installation-error-code/e63802b0-1592-4df0-aaf1-e73c07257093.

And in those 8 pages I tried everything, but nothing worked, until I found one pearl by Pieter Stokking:

Turn off 4.5 and click apply.

Then turn on 3.5 and click apply

It shut work now. Ore it did for me (win8.1)

It hinted me of my action. I had this situation before the problem (3.5 off, 4.6 on):

Features (problematic situation)

so I went and uninstalled 4.6

Features with .NET completely uninstalled

and then I installed installed 3.5 successfully!!!

Features with .NET 3.5 installed

and returned back the 4.6.

Features back to normal

Voila! Thank you Pieter Stokking!

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 1:50 PM
  • Hi All,

Success, I repaired Win 10 by running setup on the Win 10 DVD from within the installation.

Tried to run the update (Enable 3.5) with 4.6 turned off - Fail could not find file.

I checked system health and that still showed some issues and it would not repair.

Then, I went to restart to do a clean install and saw there were updates partially installed, so allowed updates to complete.

I then tried again, turned off 4.6, installed 3.5 with:

Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /source:D:\sources\sxs

and surprise, surprise, it worked. I'm not sure about the system health issues but that will have to wait for another day.

Thanks for your assistance, I was so close to trying a complete re-install!

Regards,

Bill

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 3:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You are not alone, I'm also having trouble installing .Net 3.5 on Windows 10 Enterprise RTM, I've tried to install using DISM and also I have downloaded the Install file from Microsoft downloads, I have tried also using the .Net-Framework-Offline-Installer-V2.3 program without success, there are a few different errors including 0x80070003 (The system cannot find the path specified). I'm pretty sure the .cab file is not compatible with Enterprise.

If you get any updates please let me know. As I'm not able to use some programs without .Net 3.5 installed

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 12:55 AM
  • Hi,

According to the error and log, it indicate that the source of Windows 10 installation media not exist. Please ensure the driver letter for it is F:. More details about it, please refer to: http://blogs.technet.com/b/aviraj/archive/2012/08/04/windows-8-enable-net-framework-3-5-includes-net-2-0-and-3-0-i-e-netfx3-feature-in-online-amp-offline-mode.aspx

For your question, please follow below steps for troubleshooting:
    Method 1: Run these commands in Command Prompt (Admin).
    a. PressWindows key +X.
    b. Click oncommand Prompt (Administrator).
    On the open Command Prompt window copy and paste the commands (all at once) –
    net stop wuauserv
    net stop cryptSvc
    net stop bits
    net stop msiserver
    ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
    ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
    net start wuauserv
    net start cryptSvc
    net start bits
    net start msiserver
    pause
    c. Wait for the process to complete.
    d. Close the Command Prompt.
    Now, try to install the updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2: Run the System update readiness tool.
    a. PressWindows key + X.
    b. Clickcommand prompt (Run as administrator).
    c. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press theEnter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

d. To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, typeExit, and then press Enter.
    e. RunWindows Update again also try to install .Net Framework.

Method 3: Temporarily disable third party security software.

Moreover, here's an similar thread about your question(it's similar for Windows 10):
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-update/net-framework-35-installation-error-code/e63802b0-1592-4df0-aaf1-e73c07257093

If the issue persists, please post relevant CBS.log to further troubleshooting.

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 7:01 AM
  • Hello, everyone, I finally did it!

What didn't work:

With all much respect to Allen Wang, thank you, but the three solutions mentioned above didn't work. I did Method1, Method2, Method3 wasn't applicable.

Except that I decided to carefully read through all 8 pages full of right and wrong answers about the same error in Windows 8 in the link Allen cited: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-update/net-framework-35-installation-error-code/e63802b0-1592-4df0-aaf1-e73c07257093.

And in those 8 pages I tried everything, but nothing worked, until I found one pearl by Pieter Stokking:

Turn off 4.5 and click apply.

Then turn on 3.5 and click apply

It shut work now. Ore it did for me (win8.1)

It hinted me of my action. I had this situation before the problem (3.5 off, 4.6 on):

Features (problematic situation)

so I went and uninstalled 4.6

Features with .NET completely uninstalled

and then I installed installed 3.5 successfully!!!

Features with .NET 3.5 installed

and returned back the 4.6.

Features back to normal

Voila! Thank you Pieter Stokking!

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 1:50 PM
  • Hi Allen,

Thanks for the response, to date I have run method 1, without success.

I fave run SFC and it gives thefollowing response:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios.

When I check the logs It seems to tell me that the repairs were successful.

I have now run Scanhealth and this is the result:

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

The component store is repairable.
    The operation completed successfully.

So I then run Restorehealth and this is the result:

Error: 0x800f081f
    The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

When Inspecting the DISM log on the Scanhealth I see the following line:

Checking System Update Readiness.

(p) CSI Payload Corrupt   wow64_microsoft-windows-r..xwddmdriver-wow64-c_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16384_none_b928dea146e73395\opencl.dll

I presume this refers to part of the Intel HD Graphics driver which is ver 10.18.10.4252 of 10/07/2015 but I'm unsure. An attempt to update the driver tells me that it is the latest driver.

The result of Restorehealth is:

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

The link resolves to

http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/ so I'm sort of going around in circles.

The OS is a clean install from DVD not an upgrade.

I hope this helps to resolve my issue.

regards,

Monday, August 10, 2015 4:39 AM
  • Did you try my solution? Wasn't it applicable?
    Monday, August 10, 2015 4:56 AM
  • Yes I did, and I was unable to get an install, I keep getting an error that says basically says, cannot find the path, I think there are issues with the system files, I have difficulty seeing how the system could have been corrupted except by the installation of drivers or updates, as it was a new install about 10 days ago. I've installed Office 2013 and an accounting package which does install Crystal Reports. So, unless I hear to the contrary soon, my next move will be a new install and see how I go with installing .Net 3.5 on that before any other programs are added.

Regards,

Bill

Monday, August 10, 2015 10:43 AM
  • Looks like your issue is different than mine. In my case, scanhealth and restorehealth were successful -- that is with no problems detected whatsoever. So I guess you first need to solve that issue first, and then get back to .NET install issue.
    Monday, August 10, 2015 10:56 AM
  • Hi All,

Success, I repaired Win 10 by running setup on the Win 10 DVD from within the installation.

Tried to run the update (Enable 3.5) with 4.6 turned off - Fail could not find file.

I checked system health and that still showed some issues and it would not repair.

Then, I went to restart to do a clean install and saw there were updates partially installed, so allowed updates to complete.

I then tried again, turned off 4.6, installed 3.5 with:

Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /source:D:\sources\sxs

and surprise, surprise, it worked. I'm not sure about the system health issues but that will have to wait for another day.

Thanks for your assistance, I was so close to trying a complete re-install!

Regards,

Bill

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 3:59 AM
  • Hi,

I'm glad that this issue is solved.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 17, 2015 2:58 AM
  • For myself the solution was to uninstall Microsoft Intune and then rerun dot net setup. Obviously after dot net install is completed reinstall Intune client.

Intune uninstall string:

1. On the computer, open a command prompt in administrator mode.

2. Go to the folder %programfiles%\Microsoft\OnlineManagement\Common

3. Run the following command: ProvisioningUtil.exe /UninstallAgents /MicrosoftIntune

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 7:35 AM
  • Sorry, Hedhog, but not everyone has intune, so your answer is a bit off.
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 11:28 AM
  • WINDOWS 10 SYSTEM

So I have found a solution to the issue. I have had many issues trying to get the DISM command.

C:\windows\system32\Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /source:C:\Temp\sxs /LimitAccess
    This worked on one system, however this did not work on other ones.
    I have tried to do a
    dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:C:\Temp\sxs /LimitAccess > c:\temp\restore.txt - system said it was unable to validate source.
    So the thought process was maybe the newer .net was causing the issue. If the programs and features I understalled .net 4.5 and rebooted, and tried to install it via the program and features. Still received a Error: 0x800f0922.
    C:\windows\system32\Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /source:C:\Temp\sxs /LimitAccess > C:\temp\dism.txt
    Still received Error: 0x800f0922 DISM failed. No operation was performed. For more information, review the log file.

Which from what I am reading here, is what everyone else has done. So I figured out another way to force the package in, instead of enabling the feature set.

SOLUTION:

So take your SXS Source: and copy it to C:\temp\sxs just so it is locally.

I extracted the cab to the folder as well just because I was working on multiple things; trying to get this fixed.

Run this command:

:\windows\system32\Dism.exe /online /add-package
    /packagepath:C:\Temp\sxs /ignorecheck > c:\temp\dism.log

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

Processing 1 of 1 - Adding package Microsoft-Windows-NetFx3-OnDemand-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10586.0

[                           0.1%                           ]

[                           1.1%                           ]

[=                          2.1%                           ]

[=                          3.1%                           ]

[==                         4.1%                           ]

[==                         5.1%                           ]

[===                        6.1%                           ]

[====                       7.1%                           ]

[====                       8.1%                           ]

[=====                      9.1%                           ]

[=====                      10.0%                          ]

[======                     11.0%                          ]

[======                     12.0%                          ]

[=======                    13.0%                          ]

[========                   14.0%                          ]

[========                   15.0%                          ]

[=========                  16.0%                          ]

[=========                  17.0%                          ]

[==========                 18.0%                          ]

[===========                19.0%                          ]

[===========                20.0%                          ]

[============               21.0%                          ]

[============               22.0%                          ]

[=============              23.0%                          ]

[=============              24.0%                          ]

[==============             25.0%                          ]

[===============            26.0%                          ]

[===============            27.0%                          ]

[================           28.0%                          ]

[================           29.0%                          ]

[=================          30.0%                          ]

[=================          31.0%                          ]

[==================         32.0%                          ]

[===================        33.0%                          ]

[===================        34.0%                          ]

[====================       35.0%                          ]

[====================       36.1%                          ]

[=====================      37.2%                          ]

[======================     38.4%                          ]

[======================     39.5%                          ]

[=======================    40.6%                          ]

[========================   41.8%                          ]

[========================   42.9%                          ]

[=========================  44.0%                          ]

[========================== 45.2%                          ]

[========================== 46.3%                          ]

[===========================47.4%                          ]

[===========================48.6%                          ]

[===========================49.7%                          ]

[===========================50.8%                          ]

[===========================52.0%                          ]

[===========================53.1%                          ]

[===========================54.2%                          ]

[===========================55.4%                          ]

[===========================56.5%                          ]

[===========================57.6%=                         ]

[===========================58.8%==                        ]

[===========================59.9%==                        ]

[===========================61.0%===                       ]

[===========================62.2%====                      ]

[===========================63.3%====                      ]

[===========================64.4%=====                     ]

[===========================65.6%======                    ]

[===========================66.7%======                    ]

[===========================67.8%=======                   ]

[===========================69.0%========                  ]

[===========================70.0%========                  ]

[===========================71.4%=========                 ]

[===========================72.4%=========                 ]

[===========================74.3%===========               ]

[===========================75.3%===========               ]

[===========================77.2%============              ]

[===========================79.1%=============             ]

[===========================80.1%==============            ]

[===========================81.1%===============           ]

[===========================82.1%===============           ]

[===========================83.1%================          ]

[===========================84.1%================          ]

[===========================85.1%=================         ]

[===========================86.1%=================         ]

[===========================87.1%==================        ]

[===========================88.1%===================       ]

[===========================91.5%=====================     ]

[===========================91.5%=====================     ]

[===========================91.7%=====================     ]

[===========================91.8%=====================     ]

[===========================91.8%=====================     ]

[===========================91.9%=====================     ]

[===========================92.1%=====================     ]

[===========================92.2%=====================     ]

[===========================92.3%=====================     ]

[===========================92.4%=====================     ]

[===========================92.5%=====================     ]

[===========================92.6%=====================     ]

[===========================92.6%=====================     ]

[===========================92.8%=====================     ]

[===========================93.0%=====================     ]

[===========================93.5%======================    ]

[===========================93.9%======================    ]

[===========================94.5%======================    ]

[===========================95.0%=======================   ]

[===========================95.6%=======================   ]

[===========================96.1%=======================   ]

[===========================96.6%========================  ]

[===========================96.9%========================  ]

[===========================97.1%========================  ]

[===========================97.2%========================  ]

[===========================98.1%========================  ]

[===========================98.9%========================= ]

[===========================99.0%========================= ]

The operation completed successfully.

Thursday, September 15, 2016 1:25 PM
  • This issue is maddening.

I have tried literally every bloody option or method presented here and half a dozen other sites.

I can not get 3.5 to install on my Windows 10 machine.

Why Microsoft can't provide a freaking SOLUTION to this is far beyond me.

I found the cab file for the 3.5 framework

I found the framework installer

I have the .exe for 3.5

I have the 3.5 installer 2.3

I have attempted every dism line I can find

I have removed 4.6, rebooted, and attempted to install 3.5

Nothing. Works.

Friday, November 25, 2016 3:04 AM
  • For future reference, what worked for me was installing in safe mode with networking.

Regards

Thursday, June 29, 2017 10:18 AM
  • There is a bug in Win 10 Enterprise while trying to upgrade to .Net 3.5. Here are the steps to perform the same:

1. Load the Win 10 ISO onto a specific drive on your machine (say F:\)

2. Run the following command to install .Net framework 3.5 from the loaded ISO:

Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:F:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

Note: This resolution is pertaining to Win 10 Enterprise edition.

• Edited by Ishwar Nataraj Monday, September 11, 2017 10:24 PM missed OS version
    • Proposed as answer by Ishwar Nataraj Monday, September 11, 2017 10:24 PM
    Monday, September 11, 2017 10:23 PM
  • Thanks!    After trying about everything listed here and downloading every version of 3.5 your command prompt install method was the trick!    The only thing folks need to be aware of is to point the source location at the end of the command line to your windows 10 image and voila!   Cheers!
    Friday, October 6, 2017 4:41 PM
  • There is a bug in Win 10 Enterprise while trying to upgrade to .Net 3.5. Here are the steps to perform the same:

1. Load the Win 10 ISO onto a specific drive on your machine (say F:\)

2. Run the following command to install .Net framework 3.5 from the loaded ISO:

Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:F:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

Note: This resolution is pertaining to Win 10 Enterprise edition.

I'd like to add a note. After trying the command prompt trick a dozen and a half times, and it never working, I finally figured out how to get it to work. Two words; Safe Mode.

Once booting into safemode, I tried the Windows Features method again, but it didn't work, so I tried the command prompt, boom, it finally worked. It may not work for everyone, but it did me. This is the most recent post about this problem, so I thought I'd share my tip here.
    Wednesday, October 11, 2017 11:42 PM
  • Thanks Daniel,

Copying the sources locally and installing them as instructed worked for me. No other previous method did.

There was no need to extract the cab files.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 1:44 PM
  • Hi all,

I used the following method to solve the problem.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/20b47518-00cd-4896-8d54-090e54cf5126/can-not-install-net-framework-35-on-windows-server-2012?forum=w8itproinstall

Thursday, November 16, 2017 4:10 PM
  • Thanks alot. It worked
    Friday, November 17, 2017 2:39 PM
  • Sorry to come back so late on this issue as I thought my answer solved the problem. I came to a realization that it didn't. It does fix some things but not every OS. 

So I created a powershell file to do the following; you can do powershell/batch file. 

SFC /Scannow
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:/Source:wim:\\Network\w10source\sources\Install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    DISM /online /Enable-Feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /source:C:\Temp\sxs /limitaccess

STEP 1:

Using DISM with the RestoreHearlh and Source options

You can specify a new location for the known good files by using the /Source switch alongside /RestoreHealth.

Before you can use the repair commands, you will either need a copy of the install.wim file from another computer, a Windows 10 installation media, or the Windows 10 ISO file. It's also very important that the source of the known good files matches the same version, edition, and language of the operating system you're using.

You can download the ISO for Windows 10 using these instructions:

1. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10?tduid=(65c25cd22a9cd049af30ab0ceb17af7f)(259740)(2542549)(UUwpUdUnU38864)()
    2. Click the Download tool now button.
    3. Double-click the file to run the Media Creation Tool.
    4. Follow the on-screen directions to create an ISO file with the same version and edition of your current version of Windows 10.
    5. Once the process completes, double-click the file to mount the ISO or extract the ISO, and note the drive letter as you'll need it set the source path. Set this path in the powershell file/batch file. 

You will still need to have your SXS folder in your C:\temp for this to work as well.

6. Basically if you are questioning what you are having to do you are Checking/Scanning the system for issues. Then you have restore the image; which will correct any issues with it. Once you have completed this process; then you can install the .net 2.0/3.5.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 3:58 PM
  • An additional update; so you can download a Image online through  MS and have it create the ISO file, you should also create a repair USB drive not through the tool but through the OS so for w/e reason I have tried multiple things over many months, I have solved some quickly some slowly. I would encourage you to look at this; which also might help when trying to repair. 

PAY CLOSE ATTN

MOUNT the ISO - for some reason it will not find the source lease I tried like 30 different ways to realize just mount the iso.

CMD LINE YOU WILL NEED TO FIX your Windows 10 Install.

Option 1

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:D:\10\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Option 2

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:ESD:D:\Sources\Install.ESD:1 /LimitAccess

If you notice the cmd line the ESD or WIM - one of these command lines will fail based on the OS - when I mean it will fail no matter how you try to do the fix, or run the command it will not work if you do not have the correct file; this is why I said create a repair disk; and download the ISO because this will give you one of each; so when you try to the repair you can try both variations.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 12:23 PM
  • Mod this

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU folder.

Create a reg file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU]
    "UseWUServer"=dword:00000000
    "NoAutoUpdate"=dword:00000000

Remove system from domain so existing GPO's don't re-write the keys. Reboot, go into Programs and Features, and check the .net 2.0/3.5 box and this should work for you.

Remember: Windows Firewall - Turn it off.

Sometimes you might have to uninstall 4.6 then install 3.5.

Good Luck

Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:13 PM
  • After trying all abow, this one worked for me.

Thanks a lot.

Monday, February 5, 2018 2:16 PM