Microsoft Project Professional Trial 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to download MS Project Pro Trial 2013 this morning (64-bit) and my computer told me that I needed the 32-bit. So I went through the registration process again and downloaded the 32-bit.  Upon trying to run MS Project it gave me an error message after typing in my trial code stating.

Error 25004: The product key you entered cannot be used on this machine. This is most likely due to previous MS Office 2013 trials being installed

Any help would be great on how I can successfully trial MS Project.

Monday, December 29, 2014 9:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you installed Microsoft Project Professional Trial 2013 or Office 2013 pro before?

Did you have installed any version of Office in this PC now?

As far as I know, the error occurs when we try to install a Windows Installer (MSI)-based version of Office/Project 2013 on a computer on which the computer manufacturer has already installed a version of Microsoft Office/Project 2013.

Please try the following steps and check they are helpful.

• Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared
    • If there is a folder called OFFICE15 or OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform delete that folder.
    • Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared
    • Same as above, If there is a folder called OFFICE15 or OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform delete that folder.
    • Reinstall

Please note: Backup before you deteted

Tips:

• Office 32 bit version could be installed with both of 32bit and 64 bit Windows OS.
    • Make sure all versions of Office/Project are either 32-bit or 64-bit. You can’t have a mix of both.

Similar issue:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-office_install/office-2013-activator-error-25004-even-after/eed3a057-4ff9-401d-af49-04c0262223af

More reference:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2792178

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

• Edited by George123345 Tuesday, December 30, 2014 1:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by George123345 Wednesday, January 7, 2015 7:52 AM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 1:31 AM