Issue with Lookup and People picker columns in SharePoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Friends,

I have a huge list containing 63 columns in total out of which I have 8 lookup columns and 11 people picker columns. After I created them, the default "All Items" view displays this error message

"This view cannot be displayed because the number of lookup and workflow status columns it contains exceeds the threshold (8) enforced by the administrator."

I am not even able to create a datasheet view wherein I can get the information and export that to excel.

Please tell me how to include all my columns in a view so that I can export that to excel

Thursday, August 28, 2014 1:04 PM

Answers

• You are changing it in one place on the web application, so you don't have to visit each site collection.  My suggestion would be change it, get the info you need, then change it back to the default.
    • Marked as answer by Lindali Thursday, September 11, 2014 2:44 AM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 2:57 PM
  • Hello,

you could create two views, each with less columns, include the ID column in each view. Export both views to Excel and merge the data into one table in Excel. If this is a one-off, you can just copy and paste. For a more dynamic solution you may want to use VBA or lookup formulas for the merge.

cheers, teylyn

• Marked as answer by Lindali Thursday, September 4, 2014 2:16 PM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:48 PM

All replies

• Hey,

The setting for the List View Lookup Threshold

> Open the SharePoint Central Administration.
    > Go to Application Management --> Manage Web Applications.
    > Click to select the web application that hosts your list (eg. SharePoint - 80).
    > At the Ribbon, select the General Settings and select Resource Throttling.
    > Then, you can see the 8 List View Lookup Threshold limit and you can increase the value (say 25) per your requirement.
    > Click OK to save it.

Thanks.

Thursday, August 28, 2014 1:19 PM
  • Hello Jaydeep,

I don't want to change the threshold limit as we have almost 2000 site collections. Any alternatives?

Thursday, August 28, 2014 1:45 PM
  • You are changing it in one place on the web application, so you don't have to visit each site collection.  My suggestion would be change it, get the info you need, then change it back to the default.
    • Marked as answer by Lindali Thursday, September 11, 2014 2:44 AM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 2:57 PM
  • Hello,

you could create two views, each with less columns, include the ID column in each view. Export both views to Excel and merge the data into one table in Excel. If this is a one-off, you can just copy and paste. For a more dynamic solution you may want to use VBA or lookup formulas for the merge.

cheers, teylyn

• Marked as answer by Lindali Thursday, September 4, 2014 2:16 PM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:48 PM