Database Authentication Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Having problems with authenticating to our DB server.  This is the error in the BDD.log

ZTI error opening SQL Connection: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. (-2147217843) ZTIGather 13/01/2011 7:21:58 AM 0 (0x0000)

Why is it connecting anonymously?  The wizard did prompt for credentials.  Here is my Csettings:

[CSettings]
    SQLServer=MDT01

Instance=SUPPORT
    Database=MDT_WinXP
    Netlib=DBMSSOCN
    Table=ComputerSettings
    Parameters=UUID, AssetTag, SerialNumber, MacAddress
    ParameterCondition=OR
    SQLShare=WinXP$

Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:37 PM

Answers

• Enable named pipes on the SQL server and use the following settings. The SQLShare value must point to a share on the SQL server, it's only used for the trusted connection. SInce you are running on a separate instance the SQL Browser service should be running, and you need to open the firewall for it (UDP port 1434 or the service).

[CSettings]
    SQLServer=MDT01
    Instance=SUPPORT
    Database=MDT_WinXP
    Netlib=DBNMPNTW
    SQLShare=WinXP$
    Table=ComputerSettings
    ParameterCondition=OR

/ Johan

• Marked as answer by aacajo Friday, January 14, 2011 4:20 PM
    Friday, January 14, 2011 9:30 AM

All replies

• Enable named pipes on the SQL server and use the following settings. The SQLShare value must point to a share on the SQL server, it's only used for the trusted connection. SInce you are running on a separate instance the SQL Browser service should be running, and you need to open the firewall for it (UDP port 1434 or the service).

[CSettings]
    SQLServer=MDT01
    Instance=SUPPORT
    Database=MDT_WinXP
    Netlib=DBNMPNTW
    SQLShare=WinXP$
    Table=ComputerSettings
    ParameterCondition=OR

/ Johan

• Marked as answer by aacajo Friday, January 14, 2011 4:20 PM
    Friday, January 14, 2011 9:30 AM
  • Hi, I have the same issue and I used named pipes while using mdt database. The sql share is actually a valid share. I have enable named pipes everywhere in sql server configuration wizard. I however still get the same error. Please see my BDDlog below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2x4x75mds5djiv3/BDD.log

Hope you can suggest something to me for resolution of this issue

Anurag

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:27 PM
  • Hey Anurag,

I had a quick look at your logs. Your Connection string still uses DBMSSOCN. Meaning TCP/IP and not named pipes.
    This means you may not have updated your customsettings.ini with the following:
    Netlib=DBNMPNTW

If you did, you may have forgotten to afterwards update the package containing the file on all your DP's.

HTH.

Monday, January 7, 2013 7:08 PM
  • Yes, I resolved it few days back. You understood the issue correctly. Thanks!
    Monday, January 7, 2013 7:19 PM