owa not working after changing owa .net framework version RRS feed

• Question

• hello

this question is based on exchange 2007 but i could not find the relevant forum for it.

one of my clients failed an external security scan and the vulnerability was related to the fact the owa was using .net 2.0. we changed the framework version to 4.0 but this broke owa. we reverted back to 2.0 but owa still doesnt work properly. i believe the handler mappings are messed up. we need to get this working again. any ideas how to restore the correct handle mappings for .Net 2.0 on exchange 2007?

thanks 

• Moved by Ed CrowleyMVP Tuesday, July 19, 2016 2:27 AM Correct Forum
    Monday, July 18, 2016 12:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Elroy,

Welcome to our forum.

After you reverted back to 2.0, we suggest you recycle MsOWAAppPool or reset IIS to check if the issue persist:

Recycle app pool:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770764(v=ws.10).aspx

Reset IIS:

IISReset /NoForce

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Wednesday, July 27, 2016 10:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by jim-xu Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:52 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2016 3:06 AM

All replies

• I have moved your thread to the very well hidden Exchange 2003/2007 forum.

Have you tried removing and recreating the virtual directories?  That's all I can suggest beyond rebuilding the server, or building another server to replace the one you broke.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 2:29 AM
  • Hi Elroy,

Welcome to our forum.

After you reverted back to 2.0, we suggest you recycle MsOWAAppPool or reset IIS to check if the issue persist:

Recycle app pool:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770764(v=ws.10).aspx

Reset IIS:

IISReset /NoForce

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Wednesday, July 27, 2016 10:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by jim-xu Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:52 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2016 3:06 AM