none
Unable to delete Items in a public Folder / Calendar, RRS feed

• Question

• All users are unable to delete events from a Calendar i Public folders.
    They are able to create events and edit all events but are unable to delete
    I have tried to remove permissions and set them with PowerShell instead and there are no erros while adding owner permissions.

This is on an 2013 Exchange CU1 and have tried with both Office 2010 and 2013.

This is also the case when i try to delete emails in public folders.

Get this error message: Some items cannot be deleted. Ther were either moved or already deleted or access was denied.

Any suggestions?

Monday, February 10, 2014 3:09 PM

All replies

• You can do this by using cmdlet.

First, Run “Get-Publicfolder” to get the name of the public folder.

And then run “Remove-PublicFolder  -Identity “xxxxx””

Check out this link if you need more help : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997202.aspx

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:54 AM
  • Im not trying to delete the Public Calendar or Folder. Thats not an problem. The error accurse when i delete the events or emails inside them.

Kr

Sem

• Edited by MR_Sem Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:55 AM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:32 AM
  • I'm having the same issue (among others) after migrating to 2013 "Modern public folders"

Do you have multiple public folder mailboxes with the calendar, user or both homed to a secondary mailbox ?

If so try this workaround. Set the user to use the primary hierarchy PF mailbox

set-mailbox {user} -defaultpublicfoldermailbox {mailboxname}

The user may need to restart outlook before it picks up the PF mailbox change.

Then move the calendar folder to the primary mailbox using the new-publicfoldermoverequest powershell command.

New-PublicFolderMoveRequest -TargetMailbox {primary hierarchy mb} -Folders "{folder path}

As I understand it the secondary PF mailbox should proxy changes to the primary hierarchy mailbox  but that isn't working on my site. Users can only create folders or delete calendar events from outlook when both the user and folder are on the primary mailbox.

I have a ticket open with support on this issue but no fix yet.

Monday, February 24, 2014 7:07 PM
  • How large is your public folder hierarchy?

Run (Get-PublicFolder -Recurse -ResultSize unlimited).count

Is the result over 10,000?

Thursday, March 6, 2014 5:04 PM