none
How to patch mirrored servers RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning Experts,

Could you please help me with step by step patching for mirrored servers

Kiran

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Kiran, in what way are they mirrored?  Windows SQL Cluster? Always-On AGs? Sql Mirroring? Mirrored VMs?
      Also, what kind of patching are you referring to?  Windows?  Sql Server?
    • Edited by rvsc48 Wednesday, May 15, 2019 4:02 PM added on
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 4:01 PM
  • Hi Kiran,

Could you explain more about your question? What you want and what do you mean about mirrored servers?

Best Regards,
    Puzzle
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 16, 2019 2:25 AM
  • SQL Mirroring. I am refering to SQL patching

Kiran

Thursday, May 16, 2019 8:08 AM
  • SQL Mirroring. I am refering to SQL patching

Kiran

Thursday, May 16, 2019 8:08 AM
  • Hi Kiran,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to install new SQL Server service pack or cumulative update to your SQL Server mirrored instance. Is that right? 

You can use a rolling upgrade to reduce downtime of your server. Please refer to Upgrading Mirrored Instances.

Best Regards,
    Puzzle
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 16, 2019 8:37 AM
  • Service pack, correct

Kiran

Thursday, May 16, 2019 9:20 AM
  • Then you can use rolling upgrade. Please refer to the article in my last reply. It contains more details.

Best Regards,
    Puzzle
    MSDN Community Support

Thursday, May 16, 2019 9:24 AM
  • Hi Kiran,

Are you referring to server on which Always on (mirrored) has configured? And how to  patch these servers?

Thursday, May 16, 2019 9:49 AM
  • Exactly

Kiran

Thursday, May 16, 2019 11:43 AM
  • Hi Kiran,

Any update? If you have resolved your issue, please close the thread by marking the useful reply as answer.

In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for your contribution:-)

Best Regards,
    Puzzle
    MSDN Community Support

Monday, May 20, 2019 5:30 AM