none
PQ Version: 2.37.4464.644 64 Bit cannot connect to MySQL RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we have a somewhat odd issue.

We use PQ to aggregate and merge data from various sources (Shopware DB, txt files etc). So far this works well.

Being a new employee here, my PC was prepared and I also got PQ installed, be it not the exact same Version as on the PC of my colleague. My Version is Version: 2.37.4464.644 64 Bit, the other PC has Version Version: 2.36.4434.1001 64 Bit

Although we use the same base xlsx File, on his PC everything connects and works fine, on mine, one of the sources (MySQL) refuses to show itself using the exact same method (Putty to open the SSH, same Putty Settings and Private key). The other DB does show itself and can be queried.

We have tried many things, and even using a blank new xlsx we were not able to connect.

My SQL Tool, HeidiSQL, has no problem finding and opening that DB  ...

We are at a loss, is this a version incompatibility in PQ ? Highly unlikely, but what then ? 

• Edited by smrman Tuesday, October 11, 2016 2:41 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 2:41 PM

Answers

• well, after several checks and trials, using HeidiSQL we got a 10061 trying the 127.0.0.1 DB (Putty / SSH is used to connect to the remote DB).

Typically a 10061 points to a connection issue (Firewall, Ports blocked), but before we checked the DOM Policies related to the firewall and our McAfee software settings, we exchanged the regedit Info related to Putty :

Not working System :

PortForwardings > ""

Working System,

PortForwardings > L3306=127.0.0.1:3306

No idea why / when that difference was introduced, but solved

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 7:47 AM

All replies

• The versions of Power Query aren't likely to make a big difference, but the version of the MySQL ADO.NET provider might. Are they the same on the two machines?
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 5:49 PM
  • Hello,

thanks for the idea. Checked both, both have .Net 4.6.1 German (64 bit OS) and have Ado Net 6.6.9.

After I updates mine to 6.9.9. no change :(

Any further ideas, config files or registry compares I could do ?

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 6:12 AM
  • well, after several checks and trials, using HeidiSQL we got a 10061 trying the 127.0.0.1 DB (Putty / SSH is used to connect to the remote DB).

Typically a 10061 points to a connection issue (Firewall, Ports blocked), but before we checked the DOM Policies related to the firewall and our McAfee software settings, we exchanged the regedit Info related to Putty :

Not working System :

PortForwardings > ""

Working System,

PortForwardings > L3306=127.0.0.1:3306

No idea why / when that difference was introduced, but solved

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 7:47 AM