Could not find disc image for restoration RRS feed

• Question

• Very frustrated. XPS8100 Desktop with Win7 64 Bit. Using Windowsw 7 Backup and Restore, I created a system image of my C: drive to be stored on a second internal hard drive (1TB). My main (C:) drive is 640GB.

Weeks later, I started getting the blue screen of death. Restoring to earlier points did not help. So, I used Dell recovery discs to "reset" me all the way back to the factory condition. Indeed, it got me back to the "brand new" state, but all data was lost. No problem, I thought...I've got a system image to use for full recovery. Then, I tried to restore my C drive using "advanced Recovery Methods" Then choosing, Use a system image you created earlier to recover your computer. However, after selecting this, it says Windows could not find any file back ups on this computer. Yet, I can see the Windows Image Backup Folder sitting on my 1TB second internal drive. So, although I have a system image sitting on the second drive, I can't seem to get my main drive restored using this image. Unfortunately, it does not let me browse or navigate to the image location.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 3:34 AM

Answers