Large Conference Room that can be split into two smaller conference rooms RRS feed

• Question

• We have a large conference room that is set up as a resource. The problem comes in when the room's dividing wall splits the room into 2 smaller rooms. We have run into an issue where people can schedule one of the smaller rooms and still have someone schedule the large room on its own thus creating a conflicting meeting. Any ideas? We are using Exchange online 2016 Hybrid office 365.

Here's a better explanation of what i did. Room 1 (Small room), Room 2 (Small room). if someone books Room 1 at 3pm another user books room 1 and room 2 at 3pm the room 1 will be declined but room 2 will be accepted. I need room 2 to be declined as well.

Monday, February 27, 2017 1:45 PM

All replies

• We have a large conference room that is set up as a resource. The problem comes in when the room's dividing wall splits the room into 2 smaller rooms. We have run into an issue where people can schedule one of the smaller rooms and still have someone schedule the large room on its own thus creating a conflicting meeting. Any ideas? We are using Exchange online 2016 Hybrid office 365.

Here's a better explanation of what i did. Room 1 (Small room), Room 2 (Small room). if someone books Room 1 at 3pm another user books room 1 and room 2 at 3pm the room 1 will be declined but room 2 will be accepted. I need room 2 to be declined as well.

Theres no real good way to do this natively. You would have to look for scripts or write your own.
    • Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Friday, March 3, 2017 9:43 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2017 2:43 PM
  • Gack, 

there is no way to do this. Please take a look to moderate (calendar) mailbox. So, you can choice it manuely

Chris

Monday, February 27, 2017 6:48 PM
  • Hi Gakk,

Based on my knowledge, no way can achieve your requirement.

In my opinion, why not delete one room mailbox, only leave one room to accept the booking, this will be more simple than you change something on room setting.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 6:59 AM
  • proposed answer

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/473089-combined-conference-rooms-in-exchange

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 12:04 PM
  • proposed answer

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/473089-combined-conference-rooms-in-exchange

Right, but that isn't what the original question was. Handling it that way will work, but requires the user to actually take care of it manually.
    Wednesday, March 1, 2017 12:07 PM