keys aren't working correctly(Using on screen keyboard) RRS feed

• Question

• b, n, caps lock, delete, 7 on the numpad side of my laptop, f1, f8, f12 have all suddenly stopped working.

I do not know why these keys in particular.
    Sunday, March 27, 2016 8:58 AM

Answers

• Hi dlbdeion,

Based on your description, I want to confirm that have you made any changes before the problem occurred?

We may try SFC tools to repair system files. Please refer to the link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:49 AM

All replies

• To enable us to help you better, you need to provide as many details as you can about the problem you are experiencing.

If you design your question effectively, you can get good information from people who are knowledgeable about the topic and who are happy to help you.

Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all.

What troubleshooting have you done so far?

Asking an effective question will get you help faster read how here

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Sunday, March 27, 2016 12:33 PM
  • 1-2:00 A.M. of march 27th was when my keys started to act strange.

Can't be bother to do a system restore because that doesn't work for me anymore.

around that time, I had nothing installed or anything. The keys just stopped functioning.

Sunday, March 27, 2016 9:25 PM
  • bump

Monday, March 28, 2016 11:31 PM
  • check it at safe mode, open notepad and try typing words, if issue still persist and this is hardware problems.

If this issue not persist at safe mode then its related to Software issue (3rd party software or virus), you can try clean boot

• Edited by britishdhez Tuesday, March 29, 2016 6:32 AM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2016 6:32 AM
  • Hi dlbdeion,

Based on your description, I want to confirm that have you made any changes before the problem occurred?

We may try SFC tools to repair system files. Please refer to the link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:49 AM