Vista driver for Compaq v6608au laptop RRS feed

• Question

•  

Can anyone give me the link for downloading the vista driver for compaq v6608au model,

i asked the hp service center, they are saying they cannot help on this.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 2:08 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Drivers can be only released by the manufacturers of the products. In this case, if HP can’t provide suitable driver links for the product in their website, I don’t think we can get the reliable links for downloading. What I can help from Windows side is limited.

I performed a search for your convenience and failed to find drivers for this model running with Windows Vista, in HP website.

However, I notice that this model has Windows Vista Home Basic preinstalled. In such a case, generally, your computer may run with Windows Vista without need of downloading drivers. Besides, sometimes, there will be a disk of drivers shipped with the computer. If the computer has something wrong related to drivers and no driver disk is offered, please contact HP to report this issue.

If you want to know the specifications of HP Compaq Presario V6608AU, please refer to:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=c01289606&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&dlc=en&lang=en

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Friday, November 30, 2007 4:51 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Drivers can be only released by the manufacturers of the products. In this case, if HP can’t provide suitable driver links for the product in their website, I don’t think we can get the reliable links for downloading. What I can help from Windows side is limited.

I performed a search for your convenience and failed to find drivers for this model running with Windows Vista, in HP website.

However, I notice that this model has Windows Vista Home Basic preinstalled. In such a case, generally, your computer may run with Windows Vista without need of downloading drivers. Besides, sometimes, there will be a disk of drivers shipped with the computer. If the computer has something wrong related to drivers and no driver disk is offered, please contact HP to report this issue.

If you want to know the specifications of HP Compaq Presario V6608AU, please refer to:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=c01289606&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&dlc=en&lang=en

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Friday, November 30, 2007 4:51 AM
  • Hi,

I am also finding the vista drivers for compaq V6608Au and i found that

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3636468&lang=en

and if you found like graphics problem while playing games

http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/240241/nvidia-geforcefx-geforce6-geforce7-geforce8-forceware-driver-169.09-beta-windows-vista-x32-free-download.html

just download the drivers according to OS and graohics card

Thank you

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 2:00 PM