Secondary Site server caches all media and now disk is full. RRS feed

• Question

• We have a Primary site and a secondary site. When I push something to a DP that is a part of the secondary site, all media is first cached on the secondary site server. The problem seems to be that this media is never being removed (even if I select to remove the media from all dp:s). Now the secondary site servers drive is full and I cannot push the updated image to the dp. Is there a way to clean up old media from the secondary site server?

Regards,

Carl

Monday, April 27, 2015 12:21 PM

All replies

• "Media"? Are you talking about the content of the contentlib? Which version of ConfigMgr are you using?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Monday, April 27, 2015 1:45 PM
  • That is correct, I'm talking about the contentlib. We are running Config Mgr 2012 R2 CU4.

Carl

Monday, April 27, 2015 8:16 PM
  • Hi,

Did you enable branch cache on your secondary site server?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 7:29 AM
  • We have not enabled Branch Cache on our secondary site server. The secondary site server had the distribution point role, allthough nothing has been distributed to it. I removed the DP role from the secondary site server,but the contentlib is still intact and the size of it is over 100Gb larger than that of the actual DP in the secondary site.

Carl

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 7:38 AM