I installed a graphics card now my sound doesnt work RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, I just installed Geforce 210 EVGA grahpics card in my computer, I put it in the PCIE slot and used the CD to install the driver for it. Atfer I was done with that I opened flight Sim to test it out and noticed there was no sound. Then found there was no sound at all on my computer. When I open ITunes and/or ventrillo they both told me I have no audio device installed. So I downloaded my computers original driver from HP's site. When I go to install the driver I get the message half way through...

[img]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/bmxer193/1-1.jpg[/img]

Ive searched every part of Microsoft's website and they only have an audio CLASS driver not an audio BUS driver, which doesn't work, I tried.
    So in desperation I reformatted my harddrive (that why im using IE6 in that screen shot) and I still have no audio.

Also If I click yes when that warning pops up I just get this message 30 secs later which automatically closes the installer no mater what
    [img]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/bmxer193/2.jpg[/img]

According to my device manager I have "Microsoft UAA bus driver for high definition" installed...

[IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/bmxer193/3.jpg[/IMG]

Ive been trying to fix this for hours, does anybody know whats going on?

By the way my computer is a compaq SR2010NX

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 10:07 PM

Answers

• sorry this is coming late.

first,try installing other drivers from HP like chipsets,BIOS updates. 

secondly,before you install the one(S) you downloaded from HP, try uninstalling the soubd device from device manager. rightclick my computer>click manage,device manager>search for the sound device,rightclick select uninstall,confirm.restart.dont allow windows automatically nstall drivers, then install the downloads.

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:58 AM
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:13 AM

All replies

• presently, the "Microsoft UAA bus driver for high definition"  driver you have installed is the generic windows driver. i suggest u visit HP website, goto driver section, enter your pc model and download and install COMPAQ SR2010NX specific sound drivers.
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, November 5, 2010 9:03 AM
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:33 PM
  • Im trying to install the sound driver for my exact model from HP website, but when I go to install that driver I get the error half way through saying I need to install UAA HD bus driver
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 12:18 AM
  • sorry this is coming late.

first,try installing other drivers from HP like chipsets,BIOS updates. 

secondly,before you install the one(S) you downloaded from HP, try uninstalling the soubd device from device manager. rightclick my computer>click manage,device manager>search for the sound device,rightclick select uninstall,confirm.restart.dont allow windows automatically nstall drivers, then install the downloads.

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:58 AM
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:13 AM