Custom Permission levels are breaking down RRS feed

• Question

• I created the Custom permissions :

Except Deleting           :          User can not delete the items in share point List and Library

Except Adding             :          User can not add the items in share point List and Library.

I created the custom group and given this Custom Permissions to Share point List, Last week it is working properly.

User unable to see the Share point List and Library now, But when default permission assigned to the groups it is working properly.

Regards,

Krishna

• Edited by Krish.y.c Monday, January 28, 2019 1:15 PM
    Monday, January 28, 2019 1:14 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

Thanks for giving suggestion on my post. My permission level breaking down, Because Lock down feature in SharePoint site collection feature is Enable, If disable that Feature permission levels are working correctly.

Once again thanks for inputs.

Regards,

Krishna

Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:40 AM

All replies

• What is the Check permissions page saying about this user?
    Monday, January 28, 2019 2:10 PM
  • Check Permission page showing this message.

Except Deletion - Given Directly 

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:24 AM
  • Hi Hristo,

I am also facing the same issue. It just stopped working from last week.

The weird part here is when I do "Check Permissions" for users I do see the custom permission level assigned to the users but when the user opens the list/libraries assigned to him using Custom Permission level he gets access denied. Now when I assign Default permission levels to the user he is able to access the list/library.

Do you think there was any upgrade in SharePoint online which might have affected this?

Regards

Agasthya

agasthya

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:51 AM
  • Hi Krishna,

Per my test, I can access the list with the custom permission level.

Whether only a user or all users in the group cannot access the list?

In the list settings->permission for this list->check permissions, type the user name and check if the user have the relevant permission and display as: Except Deletion - Given through the “GroupName” group.

If there is no permission given, navigate to the group, check if the user lists.

If the issue exists, you can provide the error message with us. And whether "Except Deleting" permission level is Full Control except deleting? 

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by Krish.y.c Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:35 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Krish.y.c Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:35 AM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2019 7:39 AM
  • Hi Grace,

All Users in The Group can't access the List which having "Except Deleting" Permission level. 

The User cannot see the List name in the navigation and if he access the List through URL, 

User getting "Sorry you don't have access for this page" message.

Regards,

Krishna

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 11:46 AM
  • Sorry for telling you the obvious but it seems like the permission levels are misbehaving.

Delete these permission levels and create them anew. Ensure that at the upper level (site collection) there is nothing that overrides them and their access.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 3:38 PM
  • Hi Krishna,

I notice you have the similar post which find the answer from Itch:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/msonline/en-US/bd335be9-e6c6-43c7-8d5a-f2e901df4519/restricting-adding-and-deleting-permission-level-creation-is-not-working-properly?forum=onlineservicessharepoint#6a119e95-03b4-445b-8bc7-35ed30e4db4b

If it’s the same as this case, you can check the answer.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, January 31, 2019 1:29 AM
  • Hi All,

Thanks for giving suggestion on my post. My permission level breaking down, Because Lock down feature in SharePoint site collection feature is Enable, If disable that Feature permission levels are working correctly.

Once again thanks for inputs.

Regards,

Krishna

Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:40 AM
  • Hi Krishna,

Thanks for your sharing.

You can mark your post as answer.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:03 AM
  • Thanks Grace for remanding the post. 
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:03 PM