none
Access Denied error when attempting to configure In-Place Records Management on root site collection

Question

• Hi all, 

I'd like to change the Record declaration settings on the root site collection of my tenant via Site Settings. For example, I want to change the "Record Restrictions" to "Block Delete". However, when I click the OK button on the Record Declaration Settings page I get the "Sorry, you don't have access to this page" error, and the settings are not saved.

I can confirm that the user I'm doing this with is a Global Administrator as well as the owner of the root site collection, and the In-Place Records feature is activated on the root site collection. 

This only happens on the root site collection. If I create a site collection (e.g., /sites/finance) I can modify its in-place records settings with no issues. 

Can anyone please shed any light on what's happening here?

Cheers

Adrian

• Edited by AdrianHofman Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:19 AM Adding more information
    Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since the error message is general, it hard to figure out the root cause. Could you reproduce the issue and provide correlation ID about this issue?

Do other administrator accounts have this issue if they change the record setting in the same site collection?

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 5:40 AM
  • Thanks for your response Dean, 

The correlation id is different every time I produce the error. One such example is "cb67d59d-c04f-3000-b55c-69cc6dccb586" (not sure how useful that's going to be though?)

This issue happens for all administrator accounts in the tenant. It also happens from applications that are accessing the tenant via Azure AD Application Authentication with the "full control of all site collections" permission granted. 

It happens in a paid tenant (Enterprise E3) as well as a demo tenant that was obtained through Microsoft Office Demos. Interestingly I have another paid tenant (Enterprise E3) that does not have this issue.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 12:31 AM
  • Hi,

We can get detailed error messages in logs file depend on the correlation ID.

So, provide the correlation ID, date and time of this correlation ID, which helps us to do deep research about this issue.

Do you remember when “cb67d59d-c04f-3000-b55c-69cc6dccb586” happened? If you forgot, you can reproduce this issue again and provide correlation ID, date and time here.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 16, 2017 9:32 AM
  • Thanks Dean, 

I have reproduced the error again. 

Correlation Id: 4dfbd69d-4085-3000-b77d-18ef8a23d8e8

DateTime: Approximately 2017-02-20 21:57:59 UTC

Thankyou very much for your assistance :)

Monday, February 20, 2017 9:59 PM
  • Was there an resolution to this issue? I am facing the same issue.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2018 9:43 PM