none
Block sharing folders for local adm

Question

• Dear all,

is there any way to block directories sharing by GPO for local administrators too?
    I blocked for regular users but I need to do that for adms.

Im using windows server 2012 R2.
    The clients are windows 7.

Kind regards.

Rodrigo

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 3:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• > is there any way to block directories sharing by GPO for local
    > administrators too?

No. An Admin is an admin is an admin... Repeat if required :-) You
    cannot restrict administrators. Repeat that too :)

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 3:29 PM
  • I ask this just because via GPO I can block local admins from turning on the firewall... I just though that this would happen with directories sharing.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 5:38 PM
  • Hi Rodrigo,
    Though we could not restrict the local admin to share directories as Martin said. I assume that the target is to control the administrator privilege. In this case, we could use restrict groups in GPO to restrict membership in local admin group. It could limit the least numbers of users in local admin, then you could use group policy to block file sharing. For standard users.
    Please see details about restrict groups in GPO from the following article:
    http://www.frickelsoft.net/blog/?p=13
    Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 8:10 AM
  • > I ask this just because via GPO I can block local admins from turning on
    > the firewall...

No, you cannot block them. You can only make things "a bit harder".

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 2:16 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 5:47 AM