Advanced Operator add knowledge article to service offering permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've created a role from Advanced Operator role template and i need to give those analysts in that role permission to add knowledge articles to existing service offerings in the console. How can i do this? The role have been given "all --- can be accessed" except for some views.

Monday, March 24, 2014 11:00 AM

All replies

• I don't have the reference in front of me, but I believe creating knowledge articles is a function of the Author security role. 

if i can find a reference, i'll post back, but try duplicating the author role, and scoping it to knowledge articles.

bear in mind that the author role also entails the ability to create templates, so test carefully.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:44 PM
  • Hi,

Refering to technet it seemes those roles are almost identical, and i was under the impression that Advanced Operators was the group with the most rights (excluding administrators). Could this be a group or queue issue?

I did create a group and a queue (incident class) for this role. The operators can create knowledge articles just fine, they just can't link them to a service or request offering.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:26 PM