Interactive Response group question RRS feed

• Question

• I have an intereactive response group and what i need from it is just the option if they want to leave a msg press 1 if they dont do nothing. Only issue is that after 1 minutes if the client doesnt leave the msg i want it to transfer to another response group. I have no issue with the flow in a hunt group but in the hunt group i cannot give the option to leave a msg. 

Just in case i am not making sense here is the scenario

call rings > interactive response groups answers (our technicians are all on the phone right now blah blah blah if you would like to leave a msg at any time please press 1). > but if they dont want to leave a msg i want it tranfered to hunt response group 2 where another group of people will pick up the phone.

thanks if anyone has any ideas how to make this work

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 2:34 PM

Answers

• What you should do is create an IVR with a question. The first response, Press 1..., goes to a queue that immediately overflows (queue length = 0) which directs to a UM enabled mailbox. The second response, Press 2..., goes to a second queue which is setup as normal (i.e. has an agent group associated with it).

• Proposed as answer by ALANMAD Wednesday, September 5, 2012 8:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by stav40 Monday, September 10, 2012 3:08 PM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 3:12 PM
  • call rings > interactive response groups answers (our technicians are all on the phone right now blah blah blah if you would like to leave a msg at any time please press 1). > but if they dont want to leave a msg i want it tranfered to hunt response group 2 where another group of people will pick up the phone.

There's no simple answer. Either use a two option interactive RG as ALANMAD suggested or you could use a combination of Exchange UM autoattendant/Response groups.  Setup UM Attendant with two "key mappings": if caller presses 1 --> leave a voicemail, if caller doesn't press anything (timeout) transfer to an extension which belongs to the second stage hunt group.

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, September 6, 2012 5:24 AM
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:18 AM

All replies

• What you should do is create an IVR with a question. The first response, Press 1..., goes to a queue that immediately overflows (queue length = 0) which directs to a UM enabled mailbox. The second response, Press 2..., goes to a second queue which is setup as normal (i.e. has an agent group associated with it).

• Proposed as answer by ALANMAD Wednesday, September 5, 2012 8:08 PM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 3:12 PM
  • call rings > interactive response groups answers (our technicians are all on the phone right now blah blah blah if you would like to leave a msg at any time please press 1). > but if they dont want to leave a msg i want it tranfered to hunt response group 2 where another group of people will pick up the phone.

There's no simple answer. Either use a two option interactive RG as ALANMAD suggested or you could use a combination of Exchange UM autoattendant/Response groups.  Setup UM Attendant with two "key mappings": if caller presses 1 --> leave a voicemail, if caller doesn't press anything (timeout) transfer to an extension which belongs to the second stage hunt group.

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, September 6, 2012 5:24 AM
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:18 AM