Internet & Mail does NOT work After Anniversay Update- Update removed Incompatible VPN and Intel(R) wireless RRS feed

• Question

• The update automatically ran yesterday morning 24th September - after it ran, I saw 3 Notices -

A. Action Centre - Compatibility Assistant. -

.. 1.  Cisco VPN Client was removed from your PC because it doesn't work on this version of windows. Learn more --- end-of-message

...2.  Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth was removed from your PC because it doesn't work on this version of windows. Learn more -.... end-of-message

B. Security and Maintenance -

..3.  Disable Apps to help improve performance.... You have 3 or more apps that start automatically and run in the background this might slow down your PC and reduce Battery Life .. open ... end-of-message

the Anniversary-install  RESULT was -

(a) cannot access internet- MS Edge displays -with blank screen -

(b) message - mail not in sync displays

(c) Outlook 2016  is  NOT working - it cannot  send/ receive messages

(d) my program  that uses  'vpn' is NOT connecting

(e) my 'Internet access'  icon on taskbar-rhs has disappeared

(f) BUT, when I check Network, I am actually 'connected'

(g) when I check  Network Internet Properties, it has 'IE 11'  & I cannot change it to Edge

(h) I cannot connect to internet via  'update Intel driver' app link either

(i) I noticed that, of course, Intel programs are NOT running in background [ I checked Task-bar ]

(j) I did NOT check IF other mSoft 2016 are working - word, excel etc..

Action -

(.i.) I went back to 'prior ' Windows build

(.ii) I went to Intel website and downloaded / installed updated driver

(.iii) I installed Windows 10 Anniversary update again

(.iv.) Result - the SAME problems - see above & I cannot use Ethernet to connect either

Action -

(.v) I have gone back to 'prior' Windows build

(.vi) internet is working again

What is the Solution?

Saturday, September 24, 2016 11:15 PM

Answers

• Hi ushi25,

What is the exact machine model?

Please ensure the device manufacturer website has released the Windows 10 compatible drivers for your machine model. It is recommended to download the latest Windows 10 compatible driver for your network adapter from the device manufacturer website.

There is a new change in Windows 10.1607 version. All the drivers installed on this version should be trusted by Microsoft with "Secure Boot" on. The un-compatible driver may work on previous Windows 10 version but they will no longer work on the latest Windows 10. 1607 version.
    Here is a link for reference:
    Driver Signing changes in Windows 10, version 1607
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/windows_hardware_certification/2016/07/26/driver-signing-changes-in-windows-10-version-1607/

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:06 AM

All replies

• Cisco & Win 10 OS run on diffrent software,intel-based pcs & Win 10 1st need to install OS drivers/software.

If the pc is Win 10 eligable,get software/drivers from the pc mfg,or go to intel.com/support/drivers/software,run

the intel-update utility,it'll scan any intel-based pc..Since you went to intel,youre software installations start

with the MB chipset,then other software,networking.HD controller software/& others are available.Manually,

get to intel download center,select chipset,in new window,select with pc MB hardware models,you'll find

alot.Also,clean up old OS files/folders on the HD,go to run,type:  CLEANMGR /SAGESET  chk all the boxes,return to run,type: CLEANMGR /SAGERUN  see the data it cleans,if intel software isnt running,older software is.You can

also open cmd,type: services.msc  in msc,edit running software,double click on a service to edit...

Saturday, September 24, 2016 11:27 PM
  • It seems to be a driver related problem.

If you again like to switch over to Windows 10 Anniversary version then backup all your important files, pictures, videos etc then try to 'refresh' Windows

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Saturday, September 24, 2016 11:36 PM
  • Hi ushi25,

What is the exact machine model?

Please ensure the device manufacturer website has released the Windows 10 compatible drivers for your machine model. It is recommended to download the latest Windows 10 compatible driver for your network adapter from the device manufacturer website.

There is a new change in Windows 10.1607 version. All the drivers installed on this version should be trusted by Microsoft with "Secure Boot" on. The un-compatible driver may work on previous Windows 10 version but they will no longer work on the latest Windows 10. 1607 version.
    Here is a link for reference:
    Driver Signing changes in Windows 10, version 1607
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/windows_hardware_certification/2016/07/26/driver-signing-changes-in-windows-10-version-1607/

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:06 AM
  • Hi,

How about the issue, is there anything to update?

Best regards

Thursday, October 6, 2016 8:41 AM