Problem with path on ConvertTo-MvmcVirtualHardDiskOvf RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Tested MVMC with GUI - No Problems to set correct settings.

But when using Powershell, ConvertTo-MvmcVirtualHardDiskOvf doesnt use/read -DestinationLiteralPath value.

It keeps trying to use c:\windows\system32\mvmc as path. Problem then is that the C: drive is all to small to use.

Server where MVMC is installed on is a Windows 2012 R2.

Anyone have any idea?

$destinationLiteralPath = 'E:\Test' 
    $machineDriveCollection = ConvertTo-MvmcVirtualHardDiskOvf -SourceConnection $sourceConnection -DestinationLiteralPath $destinationLiteralPath -VhdFormat Vhdx -VhdType FixedHardDisk -GuestVmId $sourceVM.GuestVmId -verbose

Update, guess its not the -DestinationLiteralPath that is not read. But the possibility to set Workspace path in powershell.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 10:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Johan,

Did you ever manage to find a way around this? Having the same issue with limited C: drive space and am trying to change the default MVMC "workspace" path.

Tx,

Khens

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 9:44 AM
  • Not with MVMC 2.1.

Going to test out the newly released 3.0.

• Proposed as answer by BobEPR Tuesday, October 21, 2014 10:43 AM
    Friday, October 17, 2014 11:56 AM
  • The -DestinationLiteralPath parameter does not work in version 3.0 either.  I opened a powershell window and ran the commands.  It appears it put the output to the location you have set in the window.  I have a K: drive.  As soon as I set that at my prompt, the command output the data to that location.

RER

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 10:47 AM
  • Awesome! Definitely puts it in the output location set in the command line window.

Tx

Khens

Monday, November 17, 2014 9:07 AM