How to open webcam in windows 7 ? RRS feed

• Question

• please help. i don't know ho to open my webcam in windows 7.please tell how? i'll be greatfull :)
    Saturday, August 16, 2014 7:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

What webcam you used? Please tell me your webcam model!

First you sure connected the webcam cable!

You should find your webcam driver!Also i offer going to Device Manager and Update your driver. for example this picture for updating the sound card:

Short patch :

1- Windows+R=RUN

2- Typing devmgmt.msc

3- Going to your device property 

4- Update your webcam driver

Future is mine!

Saturday, August 16, 2014 8:50 AM
  • Hi,

As mentioned by Sadegh, driver is necessary to run webcam, and your pc might have a built-in webcam, or you connect a external webcam to your PC, it depends on the model of your PC. You can install a application to open\contrl the webcam, look for the application in your manufacture website.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, August 25, 2014 9:53 AM
    Monday, August 18, 2014 6:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What webcam you used? Please tell me your webcam model!

First you sure connected the webcam cable!

You should find your webcam driver!Also i offer going to Device Manager and Update your driver. for example this picture for updating the sound card:

Short patch :

1- Windows+R=RUN

2- Typing devmgmt.msc

3- Going to your device property 

4- Update your webcam driver

Future is mine!

Saturday, August 16, 2014 8:50 AM
  • Hi,

As mentioned by Sadegh, driver is necessary to run webcam, and your pc might have a built-in webcam, or you connect a external webcam to your PC, it depends on the model of your PC. You can install a application to open\contrl the webcam, look for the application in your manufacture website.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, August 25, 2014 9:53 AM
    Monday, August 18, 2014 6:20 AM
  • This person was asking about the WebCam......NOT the "Sound, Game and Video Controllers"

If you had looked up you would have seen the "Imaging Devices"....when you clk on the little arrow you open the group for the WebCam. The problem still survives, however, in being unable to access control over the 1.3M WebCam already installed in the laptop (or at least in my laptop, and I am going to go out on a limb and take for granted the same is true on the earlier frustrated laptop owner, who asked the question).

BluesGal4U

Saturday, January 21, 2017 7:31 PM