Adding sharepoint list column data and building a char on the same RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Experts,

I am new to sharepoint.

Have one issue with no resolution!

I have a task list which has 6 columns - Name, start date, end date, status, priority and %complete

The above list has 30 items ( 30 names with data for all the field)

Now I want to draw a chart on the total completeness of project

Here is the logic I am planning

A pie chart having 2 series

1. Current completeness = Sum of all the value in “ % complete” column
    2. Expected completeness = 30*100 –“Current completeness”  < I hav to multiply 30 with 100 and subtract the above field value)

Could you please help me on how to create a list of 2 fields with the above formula and draw the chart with NO CODING.

Thank you in advance

Looking forward for the early solution with nocoding

Regards

BG Krishna

• Edited by Krishuu Wednesday, December 5, 2012 12:20 AM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 12:19 AM

All replies

• What version of SharePoint are you working with?SharePoint 2010 has chart webpart that you could use.

If it's for SharePoint 2007, you could get the data in Excel and then use chart features available through Excel. From your List's Action menu, click on "Export to Spreadsheet" and you'll get the data from the list that Excel will be able to open. Once you create your chart, you could probably then save the spreadsheet in your SharePoint and show it using Excel Web Services, although this part could get tricky since the spreadsheet has links to another source for it's data. That's the no code solution.

Other options are to use 3rd party tools. There are tools out there that can be used for chart purpose. Just google about it and you'll find them. Here's one I found after doing a quick search:

http://charts4sharepoint.codeplex.com/

There are also 3rd party API you could use (i.e. Google's Chart API) but that involves coding.

Hope that helps.

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 3:43 AM
  • Hi Parvez,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using share point 2010.

Drawing chart i can do if i can create a custom list on the existing list with the 2 columns mentioned below.

Please guide me on how to create a custom list on the existing list with the below mentioned formula

----------------------------

I have a task list which has 6 columns - Name, start date, end date, status, priority and %complete

The above list has 30 items ( 30 names with data for all the field)

Now I want to draw a chart on the total completeness of project

Here is the logic I am planning

A pie chart having 2 series

1. Current completeness = Sum of all the value in “ % complete” column
    2. Expected completeness = 30*100 –“Current completeness”  < I hav to multiply 30 with 100 and subtract the above field value)

------------------------

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 4:17 AM
  • Sorry if i have confused you with multiple question.

Here is what i would like to get help from you.

I am using share point 2010.

I have task list created with 6 columns - Name, start date, end date, status, priority and %complete

My list has 30 items ( 30 names with data for all the field)

Please guide me on how to create a custom list with 2 data field

1. Current completeness which is Sum of all the value in “ % complete” column

2. Expected completeness  which is --> 30*100 –“Current completeness”  < I hav to multiply 30 with 100 and subtract the above field value)

from my existing list with out any coding

If i can get the custom list with above fields then i can draw a graph easily

Thank you in advance for your help

Regards

BG Krishna

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 4:36 AM
  • Sorry, I don't have access to SharePoint 2010. So, not sure at this point how to do this.

Pman
    http://www.pmansLab.com/

Thursday, December 6, 2012 1:42 AM