MDT Refesh Deployment Senario RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have to reinstall the windows 8.1 and windows 7 (Refresh Deployment) through Standalone MDT Task sequence and it should need to auto take Userprofile and other user data backup lying in system partition  and after the OSD auto restore to original location .

how can we do that..  what are the configuration in TS we have to do ..

can anyone provide the step by step to achieve this .

Shailendra Dev

Monday, March 10, 2014 6:19 PM

All replies

• Hi

I have to reinstall the windows 8.1 and windows 7 (Refresh Deployment) through Standalone MDT Task sequence and it should need to auto take Userprofile and other user data backup lying in system partition  and after the OSD auto restore to original location .

how can we do that..  what are the configuration in TS we have to do ..

can anyone provide the step by step to achieve this .

Shailendra Dev

Utilizing USMT and creating offline media under Advance configuration>Media.

You can find all the information on how to create offline media in the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Documentation Library, as well as how to use USMT.

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Monday, March 10, 2014 7:15 PM
  • Hi Massive,

I want to simply do this from MDT tasksequence , how can do this ??

Shailendra Dev

Monday, March 10, 2014 7:18 PM
  • Hi Massive,

I want to simply do this from MDT tasksequence , how can do this ??

Shailendra Dev

As stated above read the  Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Documentation Library. Understanding the how to is something you need to learn. If you have not read it or the sections that you are interested in I high suggest it. Just getting a answer is not a solution, you have to understand some of the basic's first.

Monday, March 10, 2014 7:24 PM
  • Where I can go for that library ?

Shailendra Dev

Monday, March 10, 2014 7:30 PM
  • Where I can go for that library ?

Shailendra Dev

From within the MDT console click on Help under the action pane. Then you can simply search for i.e Media, USMT etc.

• Proposed as answer by Massivesystem Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:25 AM
    Monday, March 10, 2014 7:32 PM