none
How do I successfully deploy shared printers via GPO? error 0x80070bcb on Windows 10 Pro + Windows Server 2012 R2

Question

• I keep getting a GPO error 0x80070bcb on my Windows 10 Pro clients when trying to install a Brother shared network printer. Apparently this error means it can't find a driver (or can't install it).

1. The printer is shared from a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine, which is also a DC in my domain.
    2. Printer is defined in GPO in User Configuration -> Preferences -> Control Panel Settings -> Printers as a simple Shared Printer with no special settings.
    3. I have downloaded the latest driver from the Brother website, which claims that the driver is WHQL Certified.
    4. I have installed both the 64-bit and 32-bit version of the driver to the print server.
    5. I have enabled Point and Print Restrictions via GPO in Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> Printers, and specified the aforementioned print server as an authorized source of drivers. Additionally, users can only print to machines in their forest, and I have disabled warnings and elevation prompts when installing a new printer (warning only is enabled for updating a driver).
    6. Printing works fine from the server.

What else is necessary to overcome this error?

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 4:15 PM

Answers

All replies