I can't believe they haven't fixed this yet Remote printing to networked printers RRS feed

• General discussion

• Remote desktop is a great idea, it is very useful in any number of situations and I have configured a number of systems over the years. Almost all of them have been from one XP Pro system to another XP Pro system so a user could have access to his or her remote system at their workplace while at home. Everything works great except for the situation where a user wants to print a document on their home printer while working on their office computer remotely. Even this works fine unless the home printer is on their home LAN and not directly connected to the client PC. Don't get me wrong - it can be made to work after editing the registry and iterative guessing on which TS printer port belongs to which networked client printer but what a long and painful process. A quick google search shows this is a fairly common problem so I must admit I was surprised the first time I tried this with two windows 7 pro systems I found out the old problem is still there
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 10:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We are striving to capture any and all product issues and product feedback so as to ensure that we are continuously developing Microsoft products to meet our customers' needs.

If you find any inconvenience or have any suggestions, please submit your feedback to our Product Feedback Team : http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Windows%20%207/Feedback.aspx?formID=195

Thanks for regarding Microsoft products, your feedbacks could help us become better in the feature.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, January 7, 2011 9:02 AM