Can't drag toolbars off the taskbar? WTF is wrong with you people? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using XP since 2002, and others before that all the way back to 3.1.  It's nice that you are making updates to the standard interface to help the new/average user, but why must you abandon the advanced user further with every new OS you create?  Now I have to scour the internet to try and find new apps and tweaks compatible with Windows 7 to replace a UI I was already very happy with.  There's no telling how many hours I will have to devote to finding some docking program, toolbar emulator, or gadget that gives me the same functionality of the setup I have been using for nearly a decade.

I mailed that turd in a box Vista back to Bill Gates and got my $200 back, and I would do it again with this one if not for my need of DX 10/11, x64, and other important technological advances.  You guys need to face the fact that you have a large contingent of users that only upgrade their operating systems because they are forced to do so in order to take advantage of more advanced technology, and you ____ them off by making changes that disable past features with no way to replace them.  Why can't you just save them some work and release a product that doesn't force them to change how they use their PC, but simply adds to or improves what their PC can do?

Monday, November 15, 2010 8:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This is by the design and it is a new UI.

Microsoft issued the new product to let the users try to experience the new UI.

Please kindly get used to it.

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, November 26, 2010 3:37 AM
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 9:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is by the design and it is a new UI.

Microsoft issued the new product to let the users try to experience the new UI.

Please kindly get used to it.

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, November 26, 2010 3:37 AM
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 9:11 AM
  • Come into the 21st Century!!

The UI for Vista and 7 is far superior to the plain UI from Windows from 3.11 to XP. Maybe instead of trying to get old legacy apps/gadgets to work with newer Operating Systems you should update your app's and gadgets to later versions or similar items that can work with later OS's

Lee Bowman MCITP MCTS
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 2:26 PM
  • hey buddy!

i used to hate Office 2007. you know why? because it was different.

you hate Windows 7. Why? because its different.

notice i did not name them as bad or crappy or sucky or any negative words. the sooner your accept its just way things are, the sooner you are going to realize how much better Windows 7 is. I wish i realized this about MS Office.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:37 AM