none
Project Server 2010 - Timesheet view failed to load for one user after switch to single entry mode. RRS feed

  • Question

  • We decided a couple of weeks ago to enable single entry mode on Project Server 2010 (following user complaints that new tasks were not being auto populated into existing timesheets - we sometimes get last minute tasks we want to capture hours on).

    One user cannot view any new timesheets - getting a View Failure error message with the text "The view failed to load. Press OK to reload this view with the default settings. Press Cancel to select another view."

    Pressing Cancel presents him with no option to choose another view - the drop-down lists are blank.

    previously created timesheets are visible, and when I switch single entry back off, he can then create new timesheets. This suggests to me that the right-hand section of the single entry view is what is causing the problem. There is also a possibility that he may have had a timesheet open using a subsequently deleted view..

    I have tried deleting all fields from the "My Timesheet" and "My Work" views, but to no avail.   Is there any way of setting the default view for this user, before they attempt to create a timesheet?

    Many thanks.

    Monday, January 26, 2015 12:40 PM

All replies

  • stevecraig55,

    This kind of issue is generally with a specific Assignment that appears on that week's timesheet. The best way to troubelshoot would be the ULS logs.

    Alternatively, did you try deleting that one timesheet and recreating it?


    Cheers,

    Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

    Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

    Monday, January 26, 2015 2:24 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks Prasanna-

    The user has no assignments for that week, or any subsequent weeks.   I have deleted the timesheet, and several either side - same result.

    Can you point me to some resources on how to troubleshoot the ULS logs?

    Many thanks.

    Monday, January 26, 2015 2:44 PM
  • Hi,

    One of the things I would check is if there are any corrupted assignments (e.g. run the query:

    select * from msp_assignments where Task_UID not in (select TASK_UID from msp_tasks)

    against published and draft databases)

    or a better query can be found here:

    https://epmxperts.wordpress.com/2011/01/23/find-corrupt-assignments/

    Hope this helps

    Paul

    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 11:46 PM
  • Many thanks for the suggestions everyone - I tried them all - finally resolved it late yesterday - 2 of the user's assignments, both in the past (about 6 months ago) were against milestone tasks. As soon as these milestones were removed, all was well.

    Thanks again everyone.

    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 7:54 AM