any other way to monitor Active Session from Web Monitor ? RRS feed

• Question

• any other way to  monitor Active Session from Web Monitor ?
    Monday, December 3, 2012 5:29 AM

Answers

• Then you'll have to use the PowerShell script referenced in the first link I gave you and calculate the time used using hte start and end times of the session.

Maybe someone already has that script or Excel spreadsheet done already. Out of the box there's no automatic way.

Note that the PS script can piped to a CSV file and then mangled in Excel.

Hth, Anders Janson Enfo Zipper

• Marked as answer by m_1607 Monday, December 3, 2012 6:26 PM
    Monday, December 3, 2012 5:49 PM

All replies

• For DA sessions, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg313776.aspx

Event logs, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607376.aspx

What exactly are you looking for? What kind of session (trunk/app/da...)?

Monday, December 3, 2012 2:01 PM
  • I am looking for tunnel assoiciation from UAG server with particular client.

I mean how can we check since how much time xyz user is associated with infrastructure tunnel or Intranet tunnel.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Monday, December 3, 2012 5:08 PM
  • Then you'll have to use the PowerShell script referenced in the first link I gave you and calculate the time used using hte start and end times of the session.

Maybe someone already has that script or Excel spreadsheet done already. Out of the box there's no automatic way.

Note that the PS script can piped to a CSV file and then mangled in Excel.

• Marked as answer by m_1607 Monday, December 3, 2012 6:26 PM
    Monday, December 3, 2012 5:49 PM
  • Sorry but one More silly question , how can we check for total number of active infrastructure. Structure tunnel and infrastructure tunnel
    Monday, December 3, 2012 6:25 PM
  • You can do a count on "clientname" (computers, e.g infrastructure) and username (intranet).

Monday, December 3, 2012 6:36 PM
  • with powershell

Get-DirectAccessUsers –ShowHistory $True historical events we dont see username details is hard to figure  any other way that can help us ?

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 5:52 AM
  • Any help here ?
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 12:18 PM
  • I just tested this.

Running the command Get-DirectAccessUsers –ShowHistory $True will, if the client has established the intranet tunnel give the username as well. Look for the event UsernameAdded in the PS output.

If they don't do that, only the computername will be logged. In most cases, however, the user will actually connect to internal resources.

Friday, December 7, 2012 2:33 PM
  • Hi Janson,

I have tried to fetch the Direct Access session details (User name /Client name) from the Powershell Cmdlet and tried to export the same to CSV file. I have given the command -

Get-DirectAccessUsers -showhistory $true  - this will give historical information on the PS terminal with Username and client name

and I exported the same -

Get-DirectAccessUsers -showhistory $true  | export-csv c:\da.csv and file successfully exported.

but CSV file does not contain any information about User name or Client name-

EventType LogTime SessionId ArrayNode  Fields
    StartSession ####### 31e7a2f0-b60c-46e0-8713-65c5f81eaa9c UAG1 System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Microsoft.UAG.DA.Monitoring.CommandLets.DaHistoricalEventField,System.Object]
    ClientNameAdded ####### 31e7a2f0-b60c-46e0-8713-65c5f81eaa9c UAG1 System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Microsoft.UAG.DA.Monitoring.CommandLets.DaHistoricalEventField,System.Object]
    UserameAdded ####### 6a84f644-677b-47b5-b88c-b045877004ed UAG1 System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Microsoft.UAG.DA.Monitoring.CommandLets.DaHistoricalEventField,System.Object]
    ClientNameAdded ####### 6a84f644-677b-47b5-b88c-b045877004ed UAG1 System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Microsoft.UAG.DA.Monitoring.CommandLets.DaHistoricalEventField,System.Object]

Here field column not given the correct data.

Any lights idea please how to export accurate data ?

Thanks in advance

Saturday, January 12, 2013 3:10 AM
  • First of all, I am no PS guru...

Tested a few things.

1. Able to reproduce the above, e.g. get the same output

2. Set the Boolean to False (shows current sessions), gives username

3. Query without using Export-CSV, works

4. Instead of using "| Export-CSV mytextfile.csv", used  "> mytextfile.csv" gives the same output as #3, e.g. works.

Why #1 fails? Don't know. With option #4 you should be able to mangle the file to your liking.

Monday, January 14, 2013 10:28 AM