none
Issue in installing SIS - DPM 2010 prerequisite RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Iam unable to install SIS(Single Instance Storage)- DPM 2010 Prerequisite, on a server that has ‘Windows storage server 2008 R2 Essentials’ OS.  SIS Command get executed successfully, but while DPM installation it shows that it requires SIS and landing with the error as mentioned below.

"The Required Windows Components installation failed. All changes made by the Required Windows Components installation to the system were rolled back. (ID: 4024)

Manually install Required Windows Components. For instructions, see "Manually Installing Prerequisite Software" in the DPM 2010 Deployment Guide"

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

• Edited by 1012_teddy Thursday, September 8, 2011 5:30 AM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 5:29 AM

Answers

• I had the same problem, but very few info available on WSSE unfortunately.

But I figured out that the WSSE does not contain some features like SIS (and others as well like RODC), so you are not able to install SIS feature and so not possible to install DPM on it.

The workaround was for me to install the SIS feature pack from the normal (not essential) WSS 2008 R2 install iso, it is like an add on pack list.

After that you will be able to install DPM on WSSE 2008 R2.

• Proposed as answer by Kardos Norbert Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by 1012_teddy Friday, October 28, 2011 12:38 PM
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:40 PM

All replies

• After installing the SIS, did you rebooted the server?

Thursday, September 8, 2011 7:24 AM
  • Thanks for your reply,

Yes i rebooted, will Windows storage server 2008 R2 Essentials support DPM 2010?

Thursday, September 8, 2011 11:32 AM
  • Hi,

Can you please run the SIS command from an elevated command prompt, then reboot the server and check whether it got installed properly.

To verify that, please run :

"sc query SIS" from an elevated command prompt.

-- Thanks Bortik. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thanks, Bortik - [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 12:15 PM
  • I had the same problem, but very few info available on WSSE unfortunately.

But I figured out that the WSSE does not contain some features like SIS (and others as well like RODC), so you are not able to install SIS feature and so not possible to install DPM on it.

The workaround was for me to install the SIS feature pack from the normal (not essential) WSS 2008 R2 install iso, it is like an add on pack list.

After that you will be able to install DPM on WSSE 2008 R2.

• Proposed as answer by Kardos Norbert Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by 1012_teddy Friday, October 28, 2011 12:38 PM
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:40 PM
  • Hi, I have a query related to Replica and Recovery point creation, i consider Retention date as 3 days, so every day recovery point gets attached to the Replica accordingly and when it comes for 4th day, the First day gets deleted. As it deletes the first day's replica DPM performs full backup everyday? or it carry the replica and allocates space for it everyday? If so then why should we have an option of Express full backup. Pls make it clear and correct me if am wrong. Thanks in advance.
    Friday, October 28, 2011 12:38 PM
  • How do you install the SIS feature pack on WSSE?  Can you point me in the right direction or the first step?

Thanks

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 6:48 PM