Duplicate Bookmark - is it possible? RRS feed

• Question

• hello.. 
    i need to create template for some online bookkeeping software.. template use Bookmark for comunication and Bookmark filled data in the final bill. the problem is that the printed bill need to have a form HUB-3A in bottom. bookmark can be twice used do not know how to copy the same data automatically and down to form HUB-3A.
    can someone help me?
    thx,
    Davor - Croatia.
    Friday, March 18, 2016 12:51 PM

Answers

• That is a cross-referernce, not a bookmark. In which case, simply copy the {REF UkupnoZaUplatu} field and paste it to wherever else you want the reference to appear.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:24 AM
  • when I press Alt+F9 show me code:  (REF UkupnoZaUplatu) - UkupnoZaUplatu is name of bookmark on Croatian language for Total Payment..

That is a cross-reference field that displays the content of your bookmark. You can copy the field. You can also insert another Cross-Reference to the same bookmark, whichever is easier. The button to do this is under the References tab. (For some reason it is in the Captions group on that tab.)

Remember to press Alt+F9 again to toggle display back.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 11:22 AM

All replies

• A bookmark can only exist in one location. You can, of course, cross-reference a bookmark multiple times in as many locations as you need.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Friday, March 18, 2016 10:56 PM
  • i try this.. but this don't work to me.. i don't know why.. =(
    Saturday, March 19, 2016 1:35 PM
  • What didn't work? What is the code you're using to update the bookmark and cross-reference(s)?

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Saturday, March 19, 2016 1:41 PM
  • Hi Davor,

Would you please answer Paul's question?

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Monday, March 21, 2016 2:16 AM
  • i don't know why.. i don't use word so much, and i don't know a lot of work in word.. 
    when i use cross-reference, nothing happens.. nothing is write on this point.. only first bookmark. =(
    sorry for my bad English.. =)
    Monday, March 21, 2016 12:09 PM
  • Unless you can tell us what you are doing - by posting your code as requested - we can't help...

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Monday, March 21, 2016 2:09 PM
  • I need to make a template using online accounting services. bill. template is loaded into the online service and then automatically enter all data using bookmarks. Now, since below that on the same list I have and HUB 3A form, the same information as the number of bill payment description, the number of bank account, the amount of payment .. this information should be automatically copied down the HUB 3A form.
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 10:05 AM
  • You are just wasting everyone's time if you're not prepared to post the code you're using.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 10:38 AM
  • but what kind of code? I do not get the kind of code do?
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 11:04 AM
  • As I said days ago, the code you're using to update the bookmark and cross-reference(s), of course.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 11:09 AM
  • I do not get any code .. I do not use any code ???
    I do not get what codes should be used ..
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:32 PM
  • In your first post, you said:
    template use Bookmark for comunication and Bookmark filled data in the final bill

How does the bookmark get filled with the data?

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 10:05 PM
  • I do not get any code .. I do not use any code ???
    I do not get what codes should be used ..

If neither English nor computerese are your first language, your confusion is understandable. This is not really a forum for beginners. See Microsoft Answers. Word is a complex program despite Microsoft's efforts to pretend otherwise. (If you post there, please provide a link there to this thread and put a link in this thread to that post.)

If you insert a cross-reference, that is a field. Pressing Alt+F9 toggles display of field codes. Other code that could be involved would be a macro written (not recorded) to do what you want.

Your form must also be a Word document.

You can duplicate or replicate data in a document using a number of methods.

Repeating Data (Populating Multiple Like Fields)

In ribbon versions of word, one of the simplest is to use a Document Property content control to hold the information in multiple locations. So long as your control is mapped to the same document property you do not need to bother with bookmarks or other fields. That method is discussed in the linked article. Search it for "document property."

Thursday, March 24, 2016 12:58 PM
  • when I press Alt+F9 show me code:  (REF UkupnoZaUplatu) - UkupnoZaUplatu is name of bookmark on Croatian language for Total Payment..
    Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:06 AM
  • That is a cross-referernce, not a bookmark. In which case, simply copy the {REF UkupnoZaUplatu} field and paste it to wherever else you want the reference to appear.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:24 AM

That is a cross-reference field that displays the content of your bookmark. You can copy the field. You can also insert another Cross-Reference to the same bookmark, whichever is easier. The button to do this is under the References tab. (For some reason it is in the Captions group on that tab.)

Remember to press Alt+F9 again to toggle display back.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 11:22 AM
  • i know that is cross-reference.. and its for one bookmark.. but not work.. not copy text from that bookmark.. =( that is my problem.. 
    Sunday, April 3, 2016 7:51 PM
  • i know that is cross-reference.. and its for one bookmark.. but not work.. not copy text from that bookmark.. =( that is my problem.. 

Did you try either copying the cross-reference field or inserting a new cross-reference field? You may have to click in the field and press F9 to get it to update.

Sunday, April 3, 2016 8:12 PM