Need help in recommending Sharepoint presenter software RRS feed

• Question

• Hey and thx for help.

I dont know if it exists and before is use to much time it developing myself :-) i want to check if it dosn't already exists. Iam looking for a piece of software that can run on a computer in our hallway, presenting calendar information and other key lists from our sharepoint intranet site, like a screensaver! 

Does this kind of software exist ?

/Allan

Monday, June 25, 2012 9:42 AM

All replies

• I'll admit that I don't get what you want to do, but I'll stab at it. 

I suppose you could link list data to Powerpoint, then junk it up with animations and slideshows.  Else, Access.

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com

Monday, June 25, 2012 12:43 PM
  • Hey SClark thx for reply :-)

I gave up and started building mig own :-) the idea is that i which to present calendar entries for that particular day on a screen situated in the hallway of our company, so employees can see if there are anyone that have called in sick and other important calendar info. Moreover i which to get info from IT and Management on the screen.

Iam developing in visual studio (C#) and just using the Sharepoint Webservices to download the needed list info (once every 10 minutes i think) and then present in a nice form on a large screen :-)

Found this nice article to kick-start my small project :-) http://www.infoq.com/articles/swanson-moss-web-services if anyone else want to give it a try,.

regards

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:13 AM
  • I would've just displayed the list on a Web Part Page using the built-in List View Web Part, but to each their own.

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:37 PM
  • Yes you could do that :-) but also thought about making a screensaver with same technology!
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 11:10 AM